Thread: Camera ideas

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Camera ideas

Sitting and watching the BCS championship game for the NCAA (yes I know it\'s a joke the way they pick a winner but have to watch and root for LSU for my wife\'s twin sister) but isn\'t there a way that the NHL can implement the floating camera for their games? Being able to watch the camera follow the play up the ice and seeing the game more from the players angle, albeit from further above, would be great. I am guessing that the Jumbotrons in the middle are the problem since it looks like the wires for the camera come from all angles.

I think that this would be a great addition to the way NHL games are seen on TV. Add this to HDTV and the game for the casual fan becomes more interesting.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Camera ideas

that\'s an interesting idea, sin bin. i don\'t know how many casual fans that introducing a new camera angle would bring in, but i know that existing hockey fans, or at least ones like me, would be all for it.

and i\'m not going to pretend to know anything about cameras or ones that hang in the air by a wire for that matter, but i can\'t see logistically why it can\'t be done as hockey games are often played in the same arenas that basketball games are played and they use the same camera you\'re talking about.

the only thing i can think of as to why they might not use it is because of a puck getting flipped out of the zone at a pretty high speed that might damage the camera, but it doesn\'t seem to bother the football/basketball people that employ them.

good musing!
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco