Thread: Which tandem to own for the ROS?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which tandem to own for the ROS?

Ana guys or StL guys?

Both very good teams, but for the remainder of the year, who gets the most games? This would be a deciding factor for me in my stats (W, SO, Saves) and weekly changes.

I am thinking StL b/c Elliott would play every game until Allen returns (no update, no idea) and then they probably split for awhile (50-50) and my gut says Allen gets it back (70-30). Where as Ana will continue to be a split all year (60-40 whoever) never really committing to either. Is this accurate in your mind?
    Any insight would be appreciated.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Which tandem to own for the ROS?

Pick your poison really. With Anaheim you have the worry of Boudreau going haywire and giving out starts randomly.

With St. Louis you have the problem of Allen being hurt, which could lead to extra rest or a re-occurrence of the injury. Plus, Elliott has been quit good in Allen's absence so maybe he forces at least 50% of the starts.

Personally I'd rather have the Anaheim duo because now that they're actually playing like they can I like them as a team and I think that Gibson has established himself as the solid #1. I think the Allen injury will throw lots of kinks into predicting the #1 starter each week for StL.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Here's what I would consider:

1) ANA has 5 games in hand compared to STL.
    2) Goals against average as a team. This year the Ducks are ahead marginally at 2.31 to STL's 2.37. Last year the Blues were far better at 2.40 to ANA's 2.70.
    3) If you're using GoaliePost, trying to predict who will start is not a problem - and from the sounds of it, you're asking about owning both pieces of the tandem.
    4) Since shots against is a category - STL has an advantage for you at 29.6 shots against per game versus ANA's 27.4 (which is third lowest in the league).
    5) To make matters even more confusing, Ryan Ma reported in yesterday's ramblings that ANA has an unfavourable road schedule for the remainder of the season, so maybe this counterbalances their games remaining advantage.

Basically, it is very close on the criteria I am looking at, in terms of the advantages. I am going to say I still prefer Anaheim because a) They have 5 games in hand, b) They're hot right now c) When Allen returns, he may not be 100% But I am sure either tandem could be a valid choice...
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Banned

Anaheim is picking it up and have easier games down the stretch in the weaker Pacific. Ducks duo looks brighter

Dobber Sports Stud

Love the feedback guys, especially JAMZ, lots of that overlooked.
    Interesting how they go to Fred tonight and Allen FINALLY shows some activity skating today. I agree its a crap shoot.