Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW... Lias Andersson throws medal into crowd!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: WOW... Lias Andersson throws medal into crowd!!

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think you're off the mark. I'm guessing rtstr would have said the same thing had Canada won silver and one of their players threw their medal in the stands. He's making a point about sportsmanship in general, not nationality.
    I'm making a comment about Canadian sports fans. Nothing in my post referenced the players nationality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    All I see are people who didn't like what they saw, that's not "outrage". If you can't see how this act lacked class, then you are truly just a troll. Someone gives you an award and you throw it away right in front of the people/organization giving the award and all the fans? That's the very opposite of classy.

So the dude didn't act up after the game, that would come under sportsmanship, so I agree, he's not a "poor sport". Also, I happen to like miniature ponies. You Sir, are a Shetland shamer. For shame.
    Nobody gave him an award. They gave him a consolation prize. It didn't lack class. Criticizing a 19 year old kid for not wanting a silver medal lacks class.

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Nice attempt at the generalization but I'm from New Jersey LOL so not totally sure if I'm your "typical Canadian sports fan". Reach back into your bag of carbon-copy-know-everything-responses and play again!
    Wow that really sucks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Nobody gave him an award. They gave him a consolation prize. It didn't lack class. Criticizing a 19 year old kid for not wanting a silver medal lacks class.
    wow this is honestly the dumbest thing I've read on these boards in a while.

And yea really sucks to be from New Jersey, google "Princeton New Jersey", most people would say I come from a relatively nice area. I'm doing just fine. Thanks for your concern though kiddo. Each post you publish makes you look like more and more of an idiot, how you do not see that is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    All I see are people who didn't like what they saw, that's not "outrage". If you can't see how this act lacked class, then you are truly just a troll. Someone gives you an award and you throw it away right in front of the people/organization giving the award and all the fans? That's the very opposite of classy.

So the dude didn't act up after the game, that would come under sportsmanship, so I agree, he's not a "poor sport". Also, I happen to like miniature ponies. You Sir, are a Shetland shamer. For shame.
    Me, a troll: Defends 19 year old kid.

You, not a troll: Attacks a 19 year old kids character for not acting the way you personally think he should act.

Yes.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agree with basically everything rtstr posted. As captain of the swedes I expected more class to be shown. I think it's extremely foolish that so many people are viewing his action as courageous or as showing he's a "fierce competitor", etc. Yeah I get it, he's emotional because he didn't win the gold, but that still doesn't excuse him from acting like a baby. I'm sure his teamates were just as disappointed with the outcome as he was but they didn't act the way he did because...what's the point? It wouldn't change the outcome. Just makes him look like he's inmature. He should be proud of what he and his teamates accomplished (being selected to the team/representing your country, being chosen as captain, making it to the gold meda game) ...if he wanted to give the medal to someone I'm sure any member of the belarus, denmark, swiss or czech teams would be exstatic to have it. Take the loss and learn from it! Use the past experiences towards future challenges.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Icon

The kid acted how he felt at the moment. That is all. Was is a show of poor sportsmanship or a indicator of his competitive spirit? We can argue this for months until the act is forgotten.

Personally I didn't like the move. Being a coach of my kids teams I would never like to see that happen on my team, but I do appreciate the circumstances of his situation so i don't chastise him for doing it.

It's done..he has to deal with it..its not up to society to judge here.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    The kid acted how he felt at the moment. That is all. Was is a show of poor sportsmanship or a indicator of his competitive spirit? We can argue this for months until the act is forgotten.

Personally I didn't like the move. Being a coach of my kids teams I would never like to see that happen on my team, but I do appreciate the circumstances of his situation so i don't chastise him for doing it.

It's done..he has to deal with it..its not up to society to judge here.
    Well said sir, well said.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dont care at all. Surprised how offended people are but I guess I shouldn't be, people are outraged by everything these days.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Class argument aside. It’s stipid to throw a medal in the crowd which could injure somebody easily. This was a dumb move any way you slice it. The coaches will rip him for this

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hard to knock the kid either way. Yes he is a sore loser and yes, he is a true competitor. What I didn't like about it was that it takes away from the other guys on the team that played just as hard and appreciate that they at least finished 2nd against the best under 20 hockey players in the world. Hey, maybe this will start a new trend and silver medal winners at the Olympics will toss their medals in crowd. At least the Swede's anyways.

The funny thing about all this was the fellow that caught the medal. He first removed an American hockey sweater. Under it he had a USA hockey sweater which he also removed to reveal his.....Sweden team sweater. Strange.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm not a fan of the move on a sportsmanship level, if only because there are so many kids watching these games. As adults we can look at it and make our moral judgements all day long, and it really doesn't effect who we are; but when an 8 year old sees this, it can have an effect on how they react to losing. I'm not saying every kid who sees it becomes a sore loser, but when you're that young, there's a lot more chance you can learn from losing if you have a better attitude about it. Don't encourage these kids to go straight to the emotional response. Teach them that losing means you need to practice harder. Maybe later on they use that anger at losing to drive them to practice harder, but as a little kid it's not as easy to make that connection (especially in the middle of a tantrum).
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    The funny thing about all this was the fellow that caught the medal. He first removed an American hockey sweater. Under it he had a USA hockey sweater which he also removed to reveal his.....Sweden team sweater. Strange.
    I notice this a lot with international play in Canada and the US. People will be supporting the country they live in, but also wherever their ancestors were from as well... Often at the same time. I suppose it makes sense considering how many families are still within a generation or two of having emigrated.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I'm not a fan of the move on a sportsmanship level, if only because there are so many kids watching these games. As adults we can look at it and make our moral judgements all day long, and it really doesn't effect who we are; but when an 8 year old sees this, it can have an effect on how they react to losing. I'm not saying every kid who sees it becomes a sore loser, but when you're that young, there's a lot more chance you can learn from losing if you have a better attitude about it. Don't encourage these kids to go straight to the emotional response. Teach them that losing means you need to practice harder. Maybe later on they use that anger at losing to drive them to practice harder, but as a little kid it's not as easy to make that connection (especially in the middle of a tantrum).
    I believe it is a parent's job to parent their children, not a 19 year old swedish hockey player's job.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I believe it is a parent's job to parent their children, not a 19 year old swedish hockey player's job.
    If you don't comprehend that kids will emulate their hero's behaviors and actions then you either don't have children or you are completely oblivious. Children will always imitate and mimic the actions and behaviors of those they look up to regardless of how well parents parent them.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ace

This reminded me of a No Fear t-shirt that I used to own, it read:

"2nd place is the first loser"

My competitive spirit is nowhere near where it was back then and I wouldn't wear a shirt like that now.

Lias Andersson probably would though, heh heh.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,