Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Mock NFL draft

The Wolverine

Default Re: Mock NFL draft

Thoughts on my team?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Bell suspension reduced to 3 games... that will change things a lot again.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thoughts on my team?
    I don't like that you don't have your kicker or defense shored up by round 13, HaHaHa..

I don't trust any of your RB's.. D.Martin, J.Stewart, and J.Forsett don't scream durability to me..

I love your WR's.. Juuuuuuuuuuuuulio, Allen and Cobb should be solid..

You have 2 solid QB's, I feel you reached for Rivers, but he will be solid..

>> I would definitely draft different now that I look back at my team, even though Whale did steal 4 or 5 of my picks, HaHa.. But he is a definite beast when it comes to football minds around here!! This is why I love mock drafts..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I don't like that you don't have your kicker or defense shored up by round 13, HaHaHa..

I don't trust any of your RB's.. D.Martin, J.Stewart, and J.Forsett don't scream durability to me..

I love your WR's.. Juuuuuuuuuuuuulio, Allen and Cobb should be solid..

You have 2 solid QB's, I feel you reached for Rivers, but he will be solid..

>> I would definitely draft different now that I look back at my team, even though Whale did steal 4 or 5 of my picks, HaHa.. But he is a definite beast when it comes to football minds around here!! This is why I love mock drafts..
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah Martin may be a risk but we'll see if he can duplicate last year - productive and healthy. For Stewart, sure I agree, which is why I chose Gore as well. Forsett was late so it was basically a low risk, potentially higher reward if he can return to some form and get the majority of the snaps.

Agree about my WR, love them.

Grabbed Rivers since I had Allen, and I was happy to get a QB there, even if it's perceived to be a reach.

Yep this mock is helping give me a bit of a clue before the real thing. Just a bit.

Whale, I'd like your thought process behind the Brady pick after already having drafted Wilson. Just too good of a value to pass up at that point?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Whale, I'd like your thought process behind the Brady pick after already having drafted Wilson. Just too good of a value to pass up at that point?

Absolutely too good of a value. In 10 team leagues I rarely draft a backup QB or TE. But with my last pick (before I fill kicker and D) how could I turn down Tom-frickin-Brady!?! He will be a top 3-5 QB from week 5 on. Better on my bench than racking up points against me. And if my WR or RB prove to be too weak, I have the option to trade Wilson or Brady without losing too much (if at all) production from my QB.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Absolutely too good of a value. In 10 team leagues I rarely draft a backup QB or TE. But with my last pick (before I fill kicker and D) how could I turn down Tom-frickin-Brady!?! He will be a top 3-5 QB from week 5 on. Better on my bench than racking up points against me. And if my WR or RB prove to be too weak, I have the option to trade Wilson or Brady without losing too much (if at all) production from my QB.
    Yeah. I like it. I get it. I think moving a QB in a ten team redraft league is easier said than done but I get what you're saying. You're team is a contender. The wild card is Fleener.

EDIT: PenguinHunter can you email me that spreadsheet of yours? I like to post it to the front page for Monday' rant. Thanks!

If anyone has comments on their team and/or draft post 'em here and I'll be sure to add them to Monday's article.
    @SmittysRant

I would have taken Tom Brady with the next pick if Whale hadn't snatched him up!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Yeah. I like it. I get it. I think moving a QB in a ten team redraft league is easier said than done but I get what you're saying. You're team is a contender. The wild card is Fleener.

EDIT: PenguinHunter can you email me that spreadsheet of yours? I like to post it to the front page for Monday' rant. Thanks!

If anyone has comments on their team and/or draft post 'em here and I'll be sure to add them to Monday's article.
    Sorry that I did not see this sooner. Does anyone know how to insert a spreadsheet into a private message?

Hey all... plugging another contest in here... metal dude has created an amazingly fun draft/pool for NFL Team wins...

the thread is [2016] Dobber NFL Wins Pool if you want to head over and join... it is filling up fast, and I enjoyed doing this mock draft with you guys, it would be fun to have to all in that one as well!

Am i up in the mock? On my phone and it's showing Zorro's last pick. Just want to be sure before i snipe a kicker. Lol cuz we care about kickers so much.

Dobber Sports Titan

PenguinHunter is up and then you. Don't get too kicker happy and jump the gun on us
    We've done so well up until the last round!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Am i up in the mock? On my phone and it's showing Zorro's last pick. Just want to be sure before i snipe a kicker. Lol cuz we care about kickers so much.
    Yup, you are up. I updated the draft in post one and put my pick in there and then emailed you. sorry!

Dobber Sports Titan

Of course PH posts as I type that last message.
    Yes Bomm, you're up!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I have to say, this has been fun. Good drafting with you gents.
    @SmittysRant