Page 159 of 244 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Hammond starts tonight. I agree with this because the Islanders are tougher.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    if you mean Dubnyk then a )Dubnyk is a better goalie with better pedigree and b) he isn't as good as his current streak, the Wild barely give up any shots
    Oh no doubt, I'm definately agreeing with you that Anderson is the #1 goalie and should get the majority of the starts. I'm just saying if Hammond was on the Wild, he'd be starting all the games like Dubnyk because there is no legit #1. He is just a victim of the circumstances.

Banned

Funny how everyone was bashing Dubnyk in the off-season and now he's the golden calf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sLeePickeR View Post
    Oh no doubt, I'm definately agreeing with you that Anderson is the #1 goalie and should get the majority of the starts. I'm just saying if Hammond was on the Wild, he'd be starting all the games like Dubnyk because there is no legit #1. He is just a victim of the circumstances.
    oh I agree with you there then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Funny how everyone was bashing Dubnyk in the off-season and now he's the golden calf
    what have you done for me lately syndrome

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Meh, Dub's in a great situation. He even he said himself that he needed to go through those rough times in order for him to get to where he is now. Not really all that funny.

Sleeper - Putting Hammond on another team does not guarantee that he plays the same way. Look at Bishop with the Sens organization versus TB. See Ryan Miller in St. Louis versus Buffalo. Goalies are weirdos, which makes them harder to predict!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Meh, Dub's in a great situation. He even he said himself that he needed to go through those rough times in order for him to get to where he is now. Not really all that funny.

Sleeper - Putting Hammond on another team does not guarantee that he plays the same way. Look at Bishop with the Sens organization versus TB. See Ryan Miller in St. Louis versus Buffalo. Goalies are weirdos, which makes them harder to predict!
    i'm not sure what you mean with Bishop. His season last year was a bit of a fluke. This is probably what's gonna happen to Dubnyk as well

Dobber Sports Ninja

i'm not sure what you mean with Bishop. His season last year was a bit of a fluke. This is probably what's gonna happen to Dubnyk as well
    My point really was that you can't translate a goalies performance from one organization to another. In Ottawa, Bishop was considered #3 in the organization at the time he was dealt and he is definitely the #1 in Tampa and has one great season under his belt. Hard to predict what will happen with Dubnyk after this season. I find it hard to believe that Minny will let him go after what he's done since coming to town. Moving Hammond to Minnesota does not guarantee that he would pull a Dubnyk.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, my point was not necessarily about Hammond. I'm saying any goalie which has a hot streak on a team with no #1, you can guarantee they will keep rolling him like Dubnyk in Minnesota. I'm using Hammond as an example where he will not get that chance due to the circumstances.

Banned

Gotta love playing the habs. Hammond has been excellent and karlsson is making subban look like Douglas Murray compared to him

The Great One

Hammond over Anderson!

Dobber Sports Ninja

karlsson is making subban look like Douglas Murray compared to him
    ...and Pacioretty is making Ryan look like Dany Heatley...the post-Sens version...

Dobber Sports Stud

So, the team can only rally around Hammond. Great. Anderson is going to get blown out tomorrow. Book it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another impressive game. Obviously he can't keep it up for rest of year but if he does that presents a real dilemma for Sens. No easy answers there, can't see them trading Anderson and i am not sure you could get equal value back for Lehner. Goalies to me are like relief pitchers in baseball, you just never know with many of them when the light goes on and they figure it out, and who ends up great and who doesn't.

Tough luck for the Sens that Bruins are on a roll, not sure how they counter that.

Love Stone, his ability to steal the puck from opponents is uncanny, and as someone said earlier, who would have thunk Michalek would turn out to be a far better signing than Hemsky. He contributes in many ways.

I admire Cameron's patience in putting Pumpel back on the ice after that bad penalty in 3rd.

Great game for me. Not only did Sens win but my boy Karlsson gets 3 points, helps me stay in race for the money.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

No he did not win player of the week twice in a row. Funny how people shit on Lehner when he did the exact same thing last year.
    Speaking of comments that don't make sense, that takes the cake. You're suggesting one good week by Lehner means he should be immune to criticism despite two mediocre seasons in a row? The guy deserves criticism -- lets in brutal goals while having temper tantrums and criticizing teammates. Had he not been injured we would be rubbing our hands in glee right now at the thought of a decent lottery shot at McDavid.

Anderson has now started two games since the injury, had a bad period that contributed to a near-meltdown and then gives up a weak winning goal. I like the guy, he's the starter long-term, but it would be nuts to not play the hottest goalie in the nhl, who just outplayed the best goalie in the NHL, because of some bogus tradition about not losing your job due to injury. Tell that to Lou Gehrig by the way.

Saying Hammond "blew" his chance to be #1 by taking the hottest team in NHL at the time into a shootout as part of a historic string of spectacular performances is just silly. I don't consider that a loss that he should wear, for most of NHL history that would have been a tie. He was named 2nd star of the game, his save % was .947. Sens also hit what, three posts in the third? Yeah, Hammond really choked. Oh wait a second, I'm just mesmerized by his nickname I guess. Without that we wouldn't even be talking about him, right?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

I don't even agree that anderson is the starter long term. He is going to be traded this summer and Lehner is going to be given the net with Hammond backing up. It's silly to say they would be in e running for mcdavid if lehner never got hurt. Hammond isn't the reason they've been so good lately, it's their team play. The criticism of lehner is way off base especially given his age.

I didn't say Hammond blew his chances, I'm saying his winning streak was broken up which is fact. And yeah if his name was cam talbot people wouldn't care as much about Hammond. You don't see Rangers fans not wanting Lundqvist back just because some backup is on a hot streak. The team created its own controversy by running with the hamburgler thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    So, the team can only rally around Hammond. Great. Anderson is going to get blown out tomorrow. Book it.
    You mean they didn't outplay the Bruins when anderson was in net?