Thread: Lehtonen for Kessel

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Lehtonen for Kessel

I had a bunch of these kinds of threads (my goalie for player) a few weeks back but nothing happened. Threw out a bunch of offers this morning and my Lehtonen for his Kessel was accepted.

It's team 3 in my sig.....so it leaves me with Pavelec, Bryz and Ellis....which is scary. But Stamkos, Kessel, Kunitz, Voracek is VERY beneficial in a 16 team league.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Giant

your goaltending isnt great with or without K.L. so i think you got a good deal. your going to win with offence.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You gave up your best goalie, but seeing as your goaltending was already pretty bad, you might as well bolster your offense even more and rely on those cats. Kessel will put up pts and hopefully with Lupul back the goals will start rolling in.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: Kopitar, Monahan
    LW: Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Connor
    RW: Marner, Fiala, Konecny
    D: Karlsson, Gustafsson, Suter, Sergachev, Chabot
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd also take the trade. Since returning from yet another groin inury, Lehtonen has gone 2-5, 2.71 GAA, and .886 Sv%. The Stars have been scrambling and are looking like deadline sellers, so I don't think things are going to get that much better in Big D. That means losing Lehtonen will probably be a wash in terms of W and L categories, while at best will bring you marginally better GAA and Sv%, assuming the Stars right the ship a little. In contrast, Kessel is going to be a big help to you in G, A, PP, and SOG. I don't think you are going to win the average H2H matchup on the merits of goaltending alone, so bulking up in 4 out of 12 categories with Kessel while minorly downgrading 3 goaltending stats is a win.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Love the honesty!

Can't believe my plan was to draft 3 starters because it's a 16 team league...and they ended up being those three. YIKES

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Love the honesty!

Can't believe my plan was to draft 3 starters because it's a 16 team league...and they ended up being those three. YIKES
    I'm assuming your plan all along was to let those goaltenders bomb and then have Kunitz, Tlusty, and Voracek lead your forwards . Your forward group is going to be incredibly good for a 16 team league with Kessel on board.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I guess my first question would be who did you dump to make room for Kessel?

Honestly, I don't think this was a good deal. And this is why.

A large percentage of your categories are goaltender ones. Yes, SO is a fluke category, that's a given. Nonetheless having a stud goaltender like Lehtonen (yes I still value him as a stud goaltender) gives you a better fighting chance with all of the goalie categories.

I look at your team, and I don't see a team that will compete for hits or blocked shots. You're already rolling with 2 empty d slots (i assume) to roll out extra forwards. I could be wrong, but that's just what I see at first glance. You've got Brown, but after that not much else.

To me the only categories that you will seriously dominate, are G, A, PPP, SOG. SHP is a crapshoot.

So that's 4 out of a possible 12 categories that you're gonna dominate with the addition of Kessel. While taking away from your chances of winning 5/12 categories in goaltending through the loss of Lehtonen.

I hope it pays off for you, and it could if Bryz/Pavelec/Ellis can carry you and win you a few of those 5 categories... or maybe you get lucky with a SHP here or there.. but the trade doesn't make much sense to me tbh.
    Last edited by bondon; March 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by habs7079 View Post
    I'm assuming your plan all along was to let those goaltenders bomb and then have Kunitz, Tlusty, and Voracek lead your forwards . Your forward group is going to be incredibly good for a 16 team league with Kessel on board.
    LOL not a chance. After getting Stamkos early I knew I had to get some goalies and seeing as it's a 16 team league and looking at how some of the people were drafting, I just took three starters who had little competition beacuse I hoped I'd be able to pull off a deal like this at some point.