Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    NO SPOILERS

(But I agree with the second part)
    Since the show, for the most part is ahead of the books now, most everything regarding talk about what might happen, is not a spoiler. It's speculation.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wish I could unsee old naked Mel scene at the end

So is the idea here that her getting old will help bring back somebody to life?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Since the show, for the most part is ahead of the books now, most everything regarding talk about what might happen, is not a spoiler. It's speculation.

Rylant
    LOL well I was somewhat joking but it is still like the most obvious theory that has been going for a very long time.

Just trying to keep the non book readers free of any info they don't want.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I wish I could unsee old naked Mel scene at the end

So is the idea here that her getting old will help bring back somebody to life?
    Im not really sure what I think here. I think it's standard thinking that she will be involved in bringing him back to life. Why else would they add in the scene where she meets Beric and Thoros earlier and sees that power at work (doesn't happen in the books). I think that scene was more just showing her in her real state and also defeated because Stannis and Jon are both "dead". The necklace obviously gives her power, but I'm not so sure that that happens whenever she takes it off because if you remember the scene with her in the tub and Selese, she didn't have the necklace on.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Im not really sure what I think here. I think it's standard thinking that she will be involved in bringing him back to life. Why else would they add in the scene where she meets Beric and Thoros earlier and sees that power at work (doesn't happen in the books). I think that scene was more just showing her in her real state and also defeated because Stannis and Jon are both "dead". The necklace obviously gives her power, but I'm not so sure that that happens whenever she takes it off because if you remember the scene with her in the tub and Selese, she didn't have the necklace on.
    I still say the Theory Pengwin posted in this thread, where burning him is what brings him back, makes more sense and is more plausible than Melisandre doing it.

Dobber Sports Star

Yep I just watched that scene again. From S4 E7 Mockingbird, Melisandre in the bath talking to Selyse and very clearly not wearing the necklace. Oversight by the writers?

Also a question about S6 E1. Wasn't Prince Trystane supposed to be going with Jaime and Myrcella? He was killed by the Sand Snakes, but where were they when this happened? Still in Dorne?

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Yep I just watched that scene again. From S4 E7 Mockingbird, Melisandre in the bath talking to Selyse and very clearly not wearing the necklace. Oversight by the writers?

Also a question about S6 E1. Wasn't Prince Trystane supposed to be going with Jaime and Myrcella? He was killed by the Sand Snakes, but where were they when this happened? Still in Dorne?

Rylant
    The theory behind that is the necklace doesn't control her appearance she does. In the bath seen she chose to keep her disguise, the mirror scene she was stripping away all guises and looking at her honest self.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sorry if that was a spoiler guys.... Nothing confirmed, just speculating on a theory. I figured that theory had gone mainstream enough by now it wouldn't be spoiling anything.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The theory behind that is the necklace doesn't control her appearance she does. In the bath seen she chose to keep her disguise, the mirror scene she was stripping away all guises and looking at her honest self.
    There's also a theory that she looked her actual age to Selyse and the TV viewer just saw her as the young her.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    There's also a theory that she looked her actual age to Selyse and the TV viewer just saw her as the young her.
    Yea heard that too. Hate the type of people that looks for defects/plot wholes in things. Shit even if it was a mistake, just enjoy the show. Stop trying to find every damn flaw.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yea heard that too. Hate the type of people that looks for defects/plot wholes in things. Shit even if it was a mistake, just enjoy the show. Stop trying to find every damn flaw.
    It's not that I am trying to look for flaws. I can't just sit back and not question things I see. If it was an oversight, that's fine. I get it; they happen. Clearly there are other theories at work here, though. I am the type of person who would rather talk about it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Well wasn't that epic...?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

that was way too predictable... was hoping they would come up with a more creative way of bringing him back

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    that was way too predictable... was hoping they would come up with a more creative way of bringing him back
    No question, there has been so much time between last season and now, that the best theories of how Snow was going to come back, have come to fruition. I was speaking more about the giant smashing the Night's Watch dude against the armament, and the Mountain smashing the dude's head in, and the death of Roose Bolton and his Wife and Son...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Expert

Biggest thing in yesterday's episode is we might find out if R+L = J. As we saw glimpse of Lyanna Stark
    twitter: @hugotwigg