Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: World Junior Championship Chat

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    So happy for Tarasenko. I have him on my farm team!
    I have Tarasenko, Kuznetsov and Ellis. Pretty excited about what I've seen in this tournament.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Ryan Ellis, Brayden Schenn, and Jared Cowen named Canada's top 3 players. Awwwww yeeeah!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Embarrassing 3rd period

Putting Bobkov in was the TSN turning point. The Russians were a different team after that. Congrats to the Russians on all of their comebacks in the quarters, semis and finals. Impressive

Canadian players - give your heads a shake

However. The Russians are extremelyt creepy in these celebrations. They should seriously pawn their gold medals off for some dental work haha

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jsender View Post
    Certainly no Kovalev in Tarasenko. Tarasenko seems like he actually has a heart. Congrats to the Russians. Canadians definitely the collapse of a lifetime. Down 4-3 thats where we needed Eberle haha
    That's what scares me about Russians though. They have a "cushion" with the KHL and they bleed for their country. They give it a go but always have that "fallback" plan, sorta like getting a degree in finances but giving acting a go. If the acting never really pans out, at least you can get into finances!

They love playing for their country and it REALLY, REALLY showed with their never say die attitude and resolve tonight, but it always seems like a roll of the dice that it ever translates for their NHL team. Just sayin'.
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    However. The Russians are extremelyt creepy in these celebrations.
    I know right. It's like "The Hills Have Eyes".
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by jayz16 View Post
    That's what scares me about Russians though. They have a "cushion" with the KHL and they bleed for their country. They give it a go but always have that "fallback" plan, sorta like getting a degree in finances but giving acting a go. If the acting never really pans out, at least you can get into finances!

They love playing for their country and it REALLY, REALLY showed with their never say die attitude and resolve tonight, but it always seems like a roll of the dice that it ever translates for their NHL team. Just sayin'.
    True. Probably wasn't a fluke that there was only one OHLer on the team (Bobkov). Two if you count Kitsyn going to missasauga now that the tourney is done

Dobber Sports Wizard

That celebration is creepy, but some of its awkwardness is due to the fact that the building is absolutely silent. If the Canadians were celebrating, the place would be so loud you wouldn't notice.

It does almost seem like they're over-celebrating just to get under people's skin though.

However, when a team chokes like Canada did today, it's almost deserved to have to witness it...

It's too bad, they played a perfect 5 periods of hockey only to melt down in the very end.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    That celebration is creepy, but some of its awkwardness is due to the fact that the building is absolutely silent. If the Canadians were celebrating, the place would be so loud you wouldn't notice.

It does almost seem like they're over-celebrating just to get under people's skin though.

However, when a team chokes like Canada did today, it's almost deserved to have to witness it...

It's too bad, they played a perfect 5 periods of hockey only to melt down in the very end.
    No, it was f***ing creepy because they have no teeth and are really aggressive...but they're scary.

I'm gonna hand it to our canucks...they came in as being considered the 3rd or 4th ranked team in the tourney. And this year, they didn't have what they had in the past...

2010) Eberle, Hall
    2009) Tavares, Eberle
    2008) Stamkos, Tavares
    2007) Toews

as you see, every year Canadians had that "game breaker" that could change the game at any time. Schenn was a make-shift, but despite this amazing display, i don't think he will be what Stamkos is today. nice effort, and next year we play:

USA
    Finland
    Latvia
    Czech Republic

Game. On.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is making my hate level for the Russians go up again - and that's a good thing!

Also, the Swedes posting little love notes on the Russian's dressing room was real cute. Clearly a "Nyah Nyah Canada!" signal.

Face it - Canada has dominated this tournament for the better part of a decade and the other countries are coming in like cornered animals now that the door has been opened a little bit to the other teams.

Maybe next year we load up with a completely stacked roster like in 2005, drill the piss out of the rest of the world and shut them up - but I suppose that wouldn't be very "Canadian" now would it?

Is this me being bitter? You bet!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    This is making my hate level for the Russians go up again - and that's a good thing!

Also, the Swedes posting little love notes on the Russian's dressing room was real cute. Clearly a "Nyah Nyah Canada!" signal.

Face it - Canada has dominated this tournament for the better part of a decade and the other countries are coming in like cornered animals now that the door has been opened a little bit to the other teams.

Maybe next year we load up with a completely stacked roster like in 2005, drill the piss out of the rest of the world and shut them up - but I suppose that wouldn't be very "Canadian" now would it?

Is this me being bitter? You bet!
    well, our team could have been...

Hall-Tavares-Kadri
    Seguin-Duchene-Schenn
    Kane-Skinner-Kassian

with many more stars, but we don't stack our team...

Also, i just realized that ottawa traded their pick (Tarasenko) to the blues for a scrub!
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    well, our team could have been...

Hall-Tavares-Kadri
    Seguin-Duchene-Schenn
    Kane-Skinner-Kassian

with many more stars, but we don't stack our team...

Also, i just realized that ottawa traded their pick (Tarasenko) to the blues for a scrub!
    If Ottawa had that pick they wouldn't have picked Tarasenko, but I would love to have him on my team. Other teams were stupid too (NYR, big time).

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    If Ottawa had that pick they wouldn't have picked Tarasenko, but I would love to have him on my team. Other teams were stupid too (NYR, big time).
    yes, but that's glen sather. Did you expect anything different?

Wink News of the Weird

This just in....

Attendance at IHF's 2010 World Junior Tournament surpassed the 300k mark, giving event promoters cause for cheer.

Of the 5 total Americans in attendance for the entire 10 day tourney, three were quoting as saying, respectively, "This hockey thing is just neat-o!"; "They could use hotter cheerleaders, and better tailgate parties at this thing"; "I never knew our national colors were red & white and what's w/ that Leaf on the flag?!?"
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Holy shit. I woke up this morning and the world is still intact. Who would've thunk after last nights collapse?

Dobber Sports Guru

Just read this on Puck Daddy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-304224

Russians got wasted