Poll: Oilers or Sharks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Division Semi Final: (2) Edmonton vs. (3) San Jose

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Pacific Division Semi Final: (2) Edmonton vs. (3) San Jose

100.5mpg shot at the end of the 3rd period. KlefBHOM!!!
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Beauty goal by Davidson...er I mean Desharnais in OT!

Dobber Sports Sage

What a game by Draisaitl

- - - Updated - - -

Paid to be young in this one. Oil came out like a freshly tapped well and the sharks d looked exhausted in OT. Great playoff game
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

Good bounce back game for the Oil. Now lets finish this series off and move on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I could really use a Oil win... my playoff pool depends on them! I don't play it safe, I try to hit home runs in this pool every year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Dammit. That ruined my sleep last night. Tossing and turning thinking about those 4 1st overall picks the Coil has received to our Canucks 0, knowing that game playoff lottery time we will end up probably picking 5th again. For the record I always had the Oilers winning this series much to my dismay.

Also to further a comment above, I would gladly trade the draft lottery for the stress of playoff hockey. Nothing better in sport (maybe the masters/a major on Sunday with Tiger in contention) then when your team is competing in the playoffs.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Jedi

is McDavid hurt? he looks normal on the ice. I didn't see that extra gear he only seems to have & he's not taking a single face off.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Draisaitl is the better face-off man, so when they load up the top line, he doesn't need to. To me McDavid looked pretty good. He may not have had that extra step, but I could chalk it up to either being worn down from a longer season that he's used to, or SJ figuring out how to properly neutralize him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    is McDavid hurt? he looks normal on the ice. I didn't see that extra gear he only seems to have & he's not taking a single face off.
    McDavid is fine, Sharks have gone all out covering him though. Best thing is the Oilers are getting this done without Connor having to be dominating.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I keep waiting for him to have a break out game (hopefully game 6!). I don't think he's injured at all. Full credit to the sharks on this they have a game plan and it's first priority is to be all over Mcd. Vlasic did a great job last night until he ran out of gas in OT. Pavelski has been all over him all series and taking a lot of liberties (I thought he should have had at least 1 minor penalty last night on mcd). Pavelski is driving me insane as an oiler fan but I respect how good he is.

I can't wait for Saturday.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, McDavid is a young guy finding out what the playoffs are truly like when there is a different rule book that allows for way more obstruction/holding/interference (not interested in complaining about it, but it's just a reality of what playoff officiating looks like for as long as I have watched the sport), and a team can build a gameplan based entirely on sending out specific guys out to shut you down every night. He looked a little better tonight but the Sharks D are doing a phenomenal job of keeping him mostly neutered. Full marks to them for doing it. For McDavid to take the next step in his game he is going to need to figure out how to adapt to this new style of hockey. Sadly it will probably involve learning how to dive and flop a bit more like players like Crosby have learned to do.

Dobber Sports Star

Has Jones always struggled 5-hole? I have never noticed before this series.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

Let's go Sharks!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think sharks could have made it quite far this year, but they got a bad matchup round 1. seems like the oilers are just too quick for their old geezers.

i'm not sure who the oilers would face next, but i could see them taking out the blues and maybe anaheim as well at this rate. nashville is the only team i think that would stomp them.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i think sharks could have made it quite far this year, but they got a bad matchup round 1. seems like the oilers are just too quick for their old geezers.

i'm not sure who the oilers would face next, but i could see them taking out the blues and maybe anaheim as well at this rate. nashville is the only team i think that would stomp them.
    NSH and STL are playing each other.

Anaheim would then face EDM, and I think that series may go similarly to this series with some back and forth games but the Oilers' speed winning out in the end.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)