Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

The Great One

Default Re: Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    As long as everyone has their heads looking down at their phones while they are walking, I'm happy...#hintofsarcasm
    ...and driving...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    ...and driving...
    ...and every waking moment of their sad existence!!!

Alright, I know, I know...I'm old, so I don't need to be plugged in 24/7 or answer text messages within a couple of minutes.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    ...and every waking moment of their sad existence!!!

Alright, I know, I know...I'm old, so I don't need to be plugged in 24/7 or answer text messages within a couple of minutes.
    Come on, Comish, join me on the 'no cell phone' team! We need new members, and you sound like a great candidate!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    43 years old here and I play my 9 yr old kid's games! ha
    LOL! Nice! I dont have the time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have to be honest, I am amazed at how much free time these people, that play this game for hours and hours every day, have. If I can squeeze an hour of 'me' time into a day it's a huge success. Don't these people have fences to paint, kids to feed, jobs, exercise, significant others to hang out with, decks to build, grass to cut, cars to fix, etc. I guess if this is their main hobby then it makes sense to a degree, but so many people who are committing this much time to wandering around parks and streets to play this game is amazing to me. I can only assume that it has to tail off at some point. I don't see how these people can live their lives and play this much Pokemon Go at the same time - at least not this many people. There are always those who become addicted to certain activities (ie World of Warcraft etc) and it consumes then, it's just surprising how many people are committing this much time to this activity.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    I have to be honest, I am amazed at how much free time these people, that play this game for hours and hours every day, have. If I can squeeze an hour of 'me' time into a day it's a huge success.
    I'm sure that was said 20-30 years ago about video games. And 20-30 years before that about TV. And 20-30 years before that about the radio. Etc etc.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm sure that was said 20-30 years ago about video games. And 20-30 years before that about TV. And 20-30 years before that about the radio. Etc etc.
    The same thing applies to those activities now, not 20-30 years ago. I have no clue how someone can find the time to take part in a "hobby" that takes 40 hours a week of your time or more. I'm not even making a statement on whether it's good or bad. I just don't know how they do it. I can only assume their lives are much simpler than mine.

Dobber Sports Guru

The same thing applies to those activities now, not 20-30 years ago. I have no clue how someone can find the time to take part in a "hobby" that takes 40 hours a week of your time or more. I'm not even making a statement on whether it's good or bad. I just don't know how they do it. I can only assume their lives are much simpler than mine.
    i think it's called "no kids".

Dobber Sports Genius

I can only assume their lives are much simpler than mine.
    Exactly. Not everyone has a house, kids and a wife, although some people seem to manage their time far better than others, and have time for it all, for the most part. I'm not that great at it, but some people are. Maybe they get by on less sleep. That would be nice...

Dobber Sports Pro

I downloaded it, seemed pretty neat and it's fun but I'm already over it. I primarily think it's an obscene waste of mobile data to have Location Mode turned on so much. I guess one benefit is it's a great way to get the lazy kids out of the house.

If they remade Pokemon and put in on PS4, that'd be a different story!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Exactly. Not everyone has a house, kids and a wife, although some people seem to manage their time far better than others, and have time for it all, for the most part. I'm not that great at it, but some people are. Maybe they get by on less sleep. That would be nice...

Yeah, less sleep seems to be the key for some people. Good luck to them I guess - they will die earlier.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Is it not available in the App Store in Canada????
    Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    android: you can download the apk file and it will work

ios: you need to create a US itunes account and it should work (i haven't verified this method)
    For ios, I can confirm that this method works
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    For ios, I can confirm that this method works
    Wouldn't you need to log out of that fake itunes account and then back into your legit one to use all your other apps? Seems like a pain.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wouldn't you need to log out of that fake itunes account and then back into your legit one to use all your other apps? Seems like a pain.
    doesn't seem like you'll do what it takes to become a pokemon master.

Dobber Sports Expert

Anybody playing?

What's your best pokemon?
    I'm level 9 and my best is a 618 CP Hypno.
    twitter: @hugotwigg