Thread: Brenden Kichton

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Brenden Kichton

Why is there so little respect for this player? After the last 3 years of 35/28 this year, 74/71 last year, and 81/64 two years ago you would think that he would be seen as an high quality offensive defensemen. Nhl teams covet defensemen that can put points up and it seems that this guy can do this. He is currently leading all Defensemen in scoring in the Whl. The way this guy is being treated you would think that he has a huge flaw in his game. If you have any info on him i could you please let me know as i have to make a decision on him at the end of the year.

Administrator

Right now one issue is that there are a couple better-hyped prospects ahead of him on the depth chart. Opportunity could be a problem if the golden boys get their look first.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Truly impressive numbers. I've seen him listed from 5'10"- 6'. I have to believe he has grown and filled out.
    One thing is that he remains unsigned by the Islanders so until he gets that done he may not get much hype.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys for the info....

Dobber Sports Stud

Well he wasn't very special in his draft eligible season (2010) as he put up only 19 points in 70 games, and he was passed over in the draft. His following season was really impressive (81 points in 64 GP) but it still only got him drafted in the 5th round, so there must be something about his game that made scouts worry about whether his skills would translate. Now he is also playing his 5th season in the WHL rather than getting signed and moving on to the AHL, so again the Isles must recognize that this guy is going to take some time to get there.

With Reinhart, Donovan and Ness in the system (not to mention the wildcard de Haan), with Hamonic already entrenched, I think that poolies' hesitance with this guy is at least somewhat justified.

Just my take.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Well he wasn't very special in his draft eligible season (2010) as he put up only 19 points in 70 games, and he was passed over in the draft. His following season was really impressive (81 points in 64 GP) but it still only got him drafted in the 5th round, so there must be something about his game that made scouts worry about whether his skills would translate. Now he is also playing his 5th season in the WHL rather than getting signed and moving on to the AHL, so again the Isles must recognize that this guy is going to take some time to get there.

With Reinhart, Donovan and Ness in the system (not to mention the wildcard de Haan), with Hamonic already entrenched, I think that poolies' hesitance with this guy is at least somewhat justified.

Just my take.
    I think he is more popular to poolies than he probably is in NHL circles. For us, we take gambles on statistical production. If he is a hit, there will be points. The flaws that he has are not reflected in pools.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think he is more popular to poolies than he probably is in NHL circles. For us, we take gambles on statistical production. If he is a hit, there will be points. The flaws that he has are not reflected in pools.
    For leagues with large farms this is definitely true. I wasn't meaning to sound really down on the guy, as his production has been very solid, I just wanted to show the other side of the story.