Thread: Brett Ritchie

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Brett Ritchie

I just landed him in a deal yesterday.I know little about him. If you follow this guy, what is his ball park for upside? And what is his ETA to the NHL? Thanks in advance.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

The Magnificent One

wonder who you got him from lol... but yeah great player fromwhat i am reading but like i mentioned he seems a bit buried in dallas. they have 2 other prospects who seem to be making the jump before him. but in the end you never know bc it all depends on how they do in training camp sometimes. id expect to see him in the nhl in a small role the season after next (depending on how Dallas plays out with trades as they are said to be sellers).

maybe fantasy revelant in 2-3 or 3-4 yrs. this is just my quess on reading stuff from here and other sights.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Guru

i have him also and i think i will hold onto him over the summer on the off-chance he leapfrogs over the likes of Smith/Chiasson/Glennie/etc with a good training camp, as newper said.

he's big and strong and has a good touch around the net. sometimes that's all you need.

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough to say with Ritchie. He could very well end up being the next Scott Glennie. Glennie hasnt really been lights out in the pros after putting up solid numbers in his Jr days. A lot of people think Glennie was the recipient of solid linemates in Jr that made him a better player then he really was (he skated with Brayden Schenn and Matt Calvert in Brandon).

Is Ritchie another one of those players? Has playing with Ryan Strome made him a better player then he actually is? I guess time will tell. Theres no doubting he has all the tools and size to make it. I guess we will see if the talent is there.

I think hes a solid prospect to own but I am also skeptical until I see him play against men instead of the boys. He wasnt a 1st round pick so at least he doesnt have that burden to carry around with him should he falter a bit.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Tough to say with Ritchie. He could very well end up being the next Scott Glennie. Glennie hasnt really been lights out in the pros after putting up solid numbers in his Jr days. A lot of people think Glennie was the recipient of solid linemates in Jr that made him a better player then he really was (he skated with Brayden Schenn and Matt Calvert in Brandon).
    I sort of see where you're going with this but don't see the connection between the two players other than the fact that they were both drafted by Dallas.

I don't see a huge upside with Ritchie but I think if you could be happy with a 2nd line upside of 40-50 goal heavy points then you might be satisfied. He could turn into a 30 point 3rd line role player and that would be fine also but if you're looking for a 60+ point player then there's nothing to see here. He simply doesn't posess any elite skills to separate him from the pack.