Ry Jo
    Ty Jo
    Wheeler
    Kessel
    Couture
    Josi
    Weber
    Ghost

Trying to narrow it down to 6, or even 5 and package two/three for an elite player.
    8 team H2H
    G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLOCKS
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Keep Six

Welcome to the forums.

My top six from this group, with these categories:

Crosby
    Kucherov
    Wheeler
    Eichel
    Josi
    Weber

Eichel is a future pick as he isn't there yet compared to some of the others in this group. I think it's just a matter of time before he's there and that's why I'd' retain him. Weber is a beast in this format and I dont think moving to Montreal changes his game enough to leave him off this list.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Crosby
    Eichel
    Wheeler
    Couture
    Josi
    Weber

I agree with Axeman for the most part but I would keep Couture over Kucherov myself. I think Couture brings the same offensive upside as Kucherov but with a few more hits and blocks.

Although, you could probably package Couture or Kucherov with someone like Kessel or Ghost for an upgrade somewhere.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks gents!
    Looking forward to more responses.
    I was leaning towards Getzlaf until last week, but Dobber and other's think the future is bleak for ANA under Carlyle.
    He could definitely fetch something on the market to one of the less keen GMs in my league - are we ready to remove him from the keeper conversation completely?

With regards to Kucherov vs. Couture - I'm more inclined to take Kucherov, as he's been progressing and Couture's health is always a question mark. I do, however, value all opinions.

I will say though I had written Wheeler off. I just kind of saw this season as an anomaly, and I've got players who have proven they can hit 70+ points regularly (ie. Kessel, Getzlaf).
    8 team H2H
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

The Great One

In an 8 team league with this many good options for keepers, you don't have to worry as much about letting a player slip away, since in most you can replace him with someone comparable via the draft.

I think you have two MUST keeps - Crosby and Weber. Probably Josi too, although how many player start at each position? I ask because if it's something crazy like 10F and only 2D, then maybe keeping Josi is not required. But otherwise, Josi is someone to keep as well - he's too good to let slip back into the pack.

I'm not necessarily for keeping Eichel. He's lousy in blocks and hits compared to a lot of these players, and even though he has star written all over him, you never know. Can you trade him, to benefit from his "name" value? That's an option.

For the other three players, I'm leaning Kucherov, simply because he's already so good and gives you both goals and assists. Remember - he started slow last season, with only 2 points in his first 11 games, meaning that he was essentially a point per game guy from November onward.

I think Wheeler will do worse this season than last, but he's still probably a keep based on contributing well across the board. You could still keep Eichel for the last spot, or maybe RyJo, who also contributes well across the board and figures to benefit from Nashville's likely increased focus on offense.

Good luck.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Crosby
    Kucherov
    Wheeler
    Eichel
    Weber
    Josi
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would go
    Crosby
    Kucherov
    Eichel
    Josi
    Weber
    And then package any combination of Getzlaf/Couture/Kessel/Wheeler/&... to land your last keeper.
    The thing is in an 8-team league, every gm should be in the same situation as you with more than 6 keepers on their team...
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Jedi

Crosby
    Kucherov
    Wheeler
    Eichel
    Josi
    Weber

I've got the same list as Axe. No goalie to consider? Weber's a multi-cat beast, Ghost will in all likelihood outpoint him but he gives you nothing else, Weber gives solid stats in every category
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Crosby
    Kucherov
    Eichel
    Ty Jo
    Josi
    Ghost
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BalsamicVinegar View Post
    Crosby
    Kucherov
    Eichel
    Ry Jo
    Wheeler
    Those 5 for sure should be kept. The sixth is between Getzlaf, Kessel, Josi and Ghost. Tough call.

Dobber Sports Titan

Crosby
    Kucherov
    Wheeler
    Ry Jo
    Weber
    Josi

Close to the consensus, but I'm not keeping Eichel, because he's probably 2-3 seasons away from his peak, which is what? 75? 85? 95? But probably 60-65 this year. He's an unknown for points and he doesn't contribute in the "other" categories. Ry Jo has shown he's a 70 point player, maybe 75 with the new comfort level in NSH, plus he hits a lot more than you would expect, and blocks are solid too.
    Everyone has already made the arguments for the others.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Crosby
    Kucherov
    Wheeler
    Ry Jo
    Weber
    Josi

Close to the consensus, but I'm not keeping Eichel, because he's probably 2-3 seasons away from his peak, which is what? 75? 85? 95? But probably 60-65 this year. He's an unknown for points and he doesn't contribute in the "other" categories. Ry Jo has shown he's a 70 point player, maybe 75 with the new comfort level in NSH, plus he hits a lot more than you would expect, and blocks are solid too.
    Everyone has already made the arguments for the others.
    I was gonna say the same thing. In only keeping 6, I'd drop Eichel and keep Ry Jo.
    H2H Customized Scoring System - Full Dynasty
    LW - E. Kane, Kuznetsov, Landeskog, Neal, ROR, Pavelski; C - Backstrom, Barkov, Draisaitl, Eichel, McDavid, Johansen; RW - Duclair, Kucherov, MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Trocheck, Zibanejad
    D - Barrie, Ekblad, OEL, Hedman, Fowler, Jones, Josi, Klingberg, Ghost; G - Price, Holtby, Schneider
    Bench: F - Drouin, Vessey; D - Murray, Bigras, Hanifin, Miller; G - Varly, Pickard
    Minors: F - Marner, Strome, Zacha, Crouse, Meier, Rantanen; D - Koekkoek, Provorov; G - Hellebuyck, Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for all the replies!

Very surprised how high everyone is on Ry Jo. He was only on a 66-point pace since being traded to NSH.

I came here looking for a bit of clarity but I think I've complicated my thought-process even more haha!

And to lucafen: No goalies to consider... there will be at least a handful of better ones available through the draft.

To anyone who was wondering my team size is 12 FWD, 6 D, 3 G, and 4 BN.

I will say until Weber was traded, I was ready to let him go. I think MTL will give him a slight uptick in points, and he is very effective in multi-cats so I'll have to give him a second thought.
    8 team H2H
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

The Great One

in a situation like this the best thing is to fire out several trade based on several scenarios and see who gets you the best return...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BalsamicVinegar View Post
    Thanks for all the replies!

Very surprised how high everyone is on Ry Jo. He was only on a 66-point pace since being traded to NSH.

I came here looking for a bit of clarity but I think I've complicated my thought-process even more haha!

And to lucafen: No goalies to consider... there will be at least a handful of better ones available through the draft.

To anyone who was wondering my team size is 12 FWD, 6 D, 3 G, and 4 BN.

I will say until Weber was traded, I was ready to let him go. I think MTL will give him a slight uptick in points, and he is very effective in multi-cats so I'll have to give him a second thought.
    3G slots eh?
    Are you sure you don't have any worth keeping? As that is a pretty large hole it leaves you with going into the draft.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)