Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gaborik projections

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Gaborik projections

Points only, what do you expect from him in Columbus? If healthy I'm thinking 60-65, but it is a contract year...
    Last edited by Belligerman; August 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
    -H2H, 16 teams, pts only, $68 mil. salary cap, weekly lineup changes, dress 6 fw,3 d, 1g
    Fwds: Wheeler, Barkov, Kuznetsov, Pastrnak, Schwartz, Hall, Buchnevich, Lindholm, Puljujarvi, Kaprisov Def: Josi, Byfuglien, Reilly, de Angelo Farm spot: Bean G: Murray, Dubnyk 2 pts win, 3 more for shutout.

-16 team, keep 6 (1 at each position plus flex) (skaters, g=2 pts, a=1 pt, pim=.25 pts per min., +\-, ppp, shp, gwg goalies, 3 pts for a win, -1 for a loss, saves .1 pt, goal against -.5 pt) C- Kuznetsov, Rackell, Marner RW- Simmonds, Bjorkstrand, Hornqvist LW- Panarin, Buchnevich, Lucic D- Byfuglien, Carlson, Faulk, Muzzin, Girard G- Price, Gibson, Miller, Lagace

Dobber Sports Pro

Talent wise he could still put up 40 goals...that wouldn't be surprising to me. However, I expect him to produce around 30+ goals and 65+ points....as long as he's healthy of course.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

yeah Problem always the health

full season 35-30

Dobber Sports Giant

my projection:

32g
    40a
    for a grand total of 72 points.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

The Great One

I traded him this offseason. So I expect him to score at least 200 points.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    my projection:

32g
    40a
    for a grand total of 72 points.
    This is line with my projections as well.

30-35 g
    40 a
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Dobber Sports Star

35-35-70

Gaborik is a bit of a forgotton star - multi 40 goal players are hard to find. I love the bandaid boy status, as it really helps drive down his value. I landed him much cheaper than i would have for any other 40 goal threat. As long as he is not the cornerstone of your squad, he's the type of player that can win it for you
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Demi-God

2013-2014 Prediction:
    Gaborik, 63pts (in 71 games, will miss about 11).
    Last edited by Pengwin7; August 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

This is the most confusing time in many, many years for Gaborik owners. Disappointing totals last season, and then the trade. Out of New York, just when everyone was supposed to be wondering if the Rangers were going to push for a Cup. Brassard, Moore, Dorsett didn't seem like much return. Basically a dump by the Rangers was my feeling at the time. Brassard played well with NYR after being massively disappointing in Columbus. This gives the feeling of a bit more return, for the Rangers.

31 and with many injuries under his belt... young enough that there should be more good seasons... has long been touted as one of the very best skaters in the NHL... many, many injuries... wonder for 60-65 points if healthy enough (70-75 games)... difficult to own in salary cap leagues, with Band-Aid-Boy status and significant cap hit...

I've avoided him over the years, due to the injuries... owned him for the 76 point season two years ago, successfully banking on a healthy season, and then flipped him for Nash towards the end of the season... frustrating player for Fantasy owners...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd say probably around 65ish

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by JHM View Post
    This is the most confusing time in many, many years for Gaborik owners. Disappointing totals last season, and then the trade. Out of New York, just when everyone was supposed to be wondering if the Rangers were going to push for a Cup. Brassard, Moore, Dorsett didn't seem like much return. Basically a dump by the Rangers was my feeling at the time. Brassard played well with NYR after being massively disappointing in Columbus. This gives the feeling of a bit more return, for the Rangers.

31 and with many injuries under his belt... young enough that there should be more good seasons... has long been touted as one of the very best skaters in the NHL... many, many injuries... wonder for 60-65 points if healthy enough (70-75 games)... difficult to own in salary cap leagues, with Band-Aid-Boy status and significant cap hit...

I've avoided him over the years, due to the injuries... owned him for the 76 point season two years ago, successfully banking on a healthy season, and then flipped him for Nash towards the end of the season... frustrating player for Fantasy owners...

I hear you, but I think Gaborik is still big time, here are my reasons:

- The injuries are somewhat overstated; he's actually been relatively healthy since joining the Rangers, he's played 76, 82, 62, and 80 (prorated) last year. More importanly, the injuries he's had that have kept him out have not been groin-related (minor knee injury, Lundqvist skate cut, shoulder injury in the 62-game season) - that's huge, and not surprising, since the groin injuries were attributed to a degenerative condition in his hips which was corrected through surgery before he joined the Rangers. It's the groin problem that had him labelled as a high end "band aid boy" for years.

- His point totals have been consistently star level. The exception was the 62-game season, when the shoulder injury severely limited the biggest weapon in his arsenal(besides his speed), his wrist shot (and even then he had a prorated 29 goals and 63 points), and then last year, when you could chalk it up to inactivity during the lockout and the Torts situation wearing him down. This is a guy who's put up seasons of 41 and 42 goals, and 86 and 76 points, over the last 4 seasons.

- And those point totals were not the byproduct of playing with elite linemates, far from it. Who were his linemates for much of the 86-point season in 09/10? Prospal/Dubinsky. And the 76-point season in 11/12? Anisimov, a 3rd year guy, and Stepan, a sophomore and not yet the star playmaker he's become, with a sprinkling of Richards here and there. This tells me Gaborik is a guy who doesn't need elite playmakers to produce.

- It's a contract year. This is his last chance at a big time multi-year contract. And this is a guy who loves Ferraris...

So my prediction for him in Columbus this year is quite optimistic. I think he notches 35 goals and 35 assists for 70 points, helped in part by the return of Horton in December who'll share some of the goal-scoring load.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Pro

I honestly expect big things from Gaborik this year (and by big things I mean ~70pts).
    He come on really strong after the CLB trade and he is one of those guys that can thrive on being alpha male/top dog guy on the team.
    The biggest factor is the coaching change. Gaborik is not a dump and chase hockey player which is what Tortorella preached in NY. He'll be able to use his creativity more in CLB and play to his strengths. Still loaded with skill. A great buy low option right now
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Stud

Gabby played amazing for Minny because he was able to be the go to guy. With the Rangers, he was lost in the mix and couldn't use his speed to create offense. His stock is at an all time low right now. I think we will see more of what he used to do in Minny now that he is in Columbus.

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I traded him this offseason. So I expect him to score at least 200 points.
    LMAO. Best response in the thread for entertainment lol.

Quote Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
    Gabby played amazing for Minny because he was able to be the go to guy. With the Rangers, he was lost in the mix and couldn't use his speed to create offense. His stock is at an all time low right now. I think we will see more of what he used to do in Minny now that he is in Columbus.
    He was also a lot younger in Minnesota and but for a few exceptions, goalscorers rarely have their best years on the other side of 30. Not that 30 is old, but with the groin/hip issues he's had, plus being on the other side of 30, on a worse team, the odds are certainly against him...

That being said, 2 of his 3 40G seasons were actually in NY, so there is an argument that he played his best hockey in NY rather than in Minny and he may in fact be leaving the best scenario he ever had for one in which it may be a lot tougher to duplicate career-highs. Especially if he is to be the focal point of the best opposing defences and if I'm playing Columbus, I know exactly who I will want to cover Mr. Gaborik: my best D pairing.

I'd say plan for a drop off, a la 30G and 30A in a full season. Any more is a bonus IMO.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    That being said, 2 of his 3 40G seasons were actually in NY, so there is an argument that he played his best hockey in NY rather than in Minny and he may in fact be leaving the best scenario he ever had for one in which it may be a lot tougher to duplicate career-highs. Especially if he is to be the focal point of the best opposing defences and if I'm playing Columbus, I know exactly who I will want to cover Mr. Gaborik: my best D pairing.

Was his scenario in 2009/2010, the 86-point season, really all that much better than the scenario he has now?

His linemates were for the most part Dubinsky/Prospal. Besides Gabby, only Prospal hit the 44-point mark. The team was saddled with the Drury and Redden contracts, and they were massively underperforming. Avery was a huge distraction if anything. They claimed Erik Christensen off waivers in an effort to boost their offense, Erik Christensen!

If anything, I think his situation now is better for him to have a couple of huge seasons. He's got a team that is quietly building some really balance scoring throughout the top 9, which is going to cause problems for opposing defenses. Their D is getting to the point where the powerplay is going to be pretty solid, pretty soon (although not there yet).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper