Thread: H2H team help?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default H2H team help?

I'm a new guy here...hoping for some comments/help whatevs.

10 team h2h categories G,A,+/-,PIM,STP,Wins,GAA & SV%
    Start 10F, 5 D, 1U and 2G
    Daily lineups.
    I had 6th pick and here's how i finished:

F - Giroux,Toews,Hartnell,P.Kane & E.Kane, Seguin,Pacioretty,Cole,Desharnais (yes that entire line), Marchand,Zibanajed(sp), Jagr and PA Parenteau
    D - Phaneuf,Doughty,OEL,Ehrhoff,Hedman and Schultz
    G- Fleury,Backstrom,Lindback and Dubnyk

Notable FAat least to me)
    Ryan Ellis
    Adam Larsson
    Gagner
    Jussi Jokinen
    Bernier
    Vokoun

Any suggestions?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1st: Welcome!!! It's great to have some new members joining during the lockout.

2nd: Nice draft. This doesn't look like a NOOB's team. You have a solid well-balanced team. All of your goalies could be great or mediocre. But... to be honest, I think you have a nice team (4th-6th in a 10-team league). None of the guys on the waiver wire intrigue me, your players are better.

I'm not sure Zibanejad will be fantasy-relevant this year. We'll see.
    with only 5 offensive categories, one being PIM, I may be inclined to drop Zibanejad and roster a PIM goon like Dorsett, Rinaldo, or Konopka. But... if those guys are there now, they'll be there when your season starts. Don't make any moves now, because somebody might see your drop and decide they should grab him.

Sit on your team and wait (with the rest of us), fingers crossed, for the season to start.

Welcome to the Dobber Forums!!!

Administrator

Solid squad. I'd say that there is going to come a point where you want to trim your goaltending to just three and maybe even two guys but you've done a good job of grabbing some backup plans in case someone doesn't work out. Ultimately, with only one counting stat (wins) and two ratio stats (GAA and Sv%) there is more value in having a couple of high quality goaltenders than to have several mediocre ones.

Eventually your goal should be to have two goaltenders you can count on so that you can roll as many bodies out at forward as possible since all skater scoring is counting.

You also might reach a point where you want to only carry five defensemen since forwards will typically offer you more offense. You can likely get more bang for your buck by rolling with five defensemen and extra forwards especially since you start so many forwards every day.

If I was to do anything with your team I'd try to deal a defenseman (I'm thinking Doughty because he is fairly overvalued) and a goaltender (probably Fleury) to land a top flight goaltender. Maybe that deal isn't possible but I'd kick the tires and see if you can shake loose a Lundqvist, Rinne or Quick because they offer a big step up over every other goalie in this league.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Welcome to DobberHockey (and DobberSports in general). It's a fantastic site with a wealth of knowledge of fun.

I think your forwards are solid. I would probably drop Zibanejad for Gagner. But I view that as relatively minor.

Your D is also solid. You do have 6 very serviceable D however.

Goaltending is decent. As with MD said, I'd look into packaging a D with Backstrom or Lindback for a better goalie. Perhaps you could target Cam Ward or someone slightly undervalued. If you could land an elite guy like Lundqvist (or even Schneider or Rask) even better.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Newbie

thanks for the comments guys...hopefully we'll have something to worry about in the coming weeks...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by skalina73 View Post
    I'm a new guy here...hoping for some comments/help whatevs.

10 team h2h categories G,A,+/-,PIM,STP,Wins,GAA & SV%
    Start 10F, 5 D, 1U and 2G
    Daily lineups.
    I had 6th pick and here's how i finished:

F - Giroux,Toews,Hartnell,P.Kane & E.Kane, Seguin,Pacioretty,Cole,Desharnais (yes that entire line), Marchand,Zibanajed(sp), Jagr and PA Parenteau
    D - Phaneuf,Doughty,OEL,Ehrhoff,Hedman and Schultz
    G- Fleury,Backstrom,Lindback and Dubnyk

Notable FAat least to me)
    Ryan Ellis
    Adam Larsson
    Gagner
    Jussi Jokinen
    Bernier
    Vokoun

Any suggestions?
    Welcome to the boards!

Very nice team there, here are my suggestions.

I would grab Vokoun and drop Lindback, he isn't guaranteed the number one job with Tampa and still has a lot to prove. I would also pick up Gagner and drop Zibanejad.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."