Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Potential Vegas Goalies discussion

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Potential Vegas Goalies discussion

I don't know, if there is another thread about this, i hope not.

My question is simple, who are the potential candidates for the Vegas starter/backup netminder position? Why am i asking this? Because after a lot of fantasy leagues over, we can't add more players to our roster, but we can snag some backups from waiver wire before the fantasy playoff is over. I am only asking about backup goalies who can step up and be a starter in Las Vegas. So exluding Howard/Halak type guys.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Potential Vegas Goalies discussion

I think Fleury has to be a front runner. But scott darling, who will be a UFA, could definitely fit the bill.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Deity

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I still think Ben Bishop will sign a big contract with them. There wasn't much interest in him in the trade market. Vegas can negotiate with him before other teams do (excluding the Kings but that won't happen) and they can offer him a lot of money because they won't have any cap space issues for a long time and it's a great way to start building your team by locking up your #1 goalie first.

Funny thing is that if Vegas signs Bishop before the expansion draft, that counts as the player drafted from LA which means they don't lose anyone else. This may have been a reason to keep Bishop in Tampa instead of giving him away for so little but obviously Tampa didn't think it was worth it to keep him around.

Dobber Sports Expert

Depending on who is being exposed at forward in Pittsburgh, I think they claim Fleury. If not, there's some really good UFA goalie this season. Darling and Bishop comes to mind.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Banned

Raanta
    Condon
    Darling
    Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think Ryan Miller is an interesting name... Question will become, does he want to win or be closer to his wife?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Depending on who is being exposed at forward in Pittsburgh, I think they claim Fleury. If not, there's some really good UFA goalie this season. Darling and Bishop comes to mind.
    Fleury will be dealt before the ex draft, Calgary, Buffalo or Dallas IMO. If Vegas offers to make Bishop the highest-paid G in the league, which they can easily do, I think that will be tough to say no to. From a marketing standpoint it would be a shrewd move to have an easily identifiable franchise player.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depends if they want a 1/2 or a 1a/1b.

Fleury
    Bishop
    Rinne
    Condon
    Ward
    Lack
    Greiss
    Halak
    Neuvirth
    Elliott
    Miller
    Luongo
    Reimer
    Darling
    Raanta
    Grubauer
    Bernier
    Nilsson
    Hutton
    Varlamov
    Howard
    Mrazek
    Korpisalo

Could literally see any of these names in Vegas next season.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    If Vegas offers to make Bishop the highest-paid G in the league, which they can easily do, I think that will be tough to say no to. From a marketing standpoint it would be a shrewd move to have an easily identifiable franchise player.
    If Bishop signs with Vegas for huge money then it will be painfully obvious that he cares more about money than winning. Deep down that is probably true for most players, but Bishop would be making an unmistakable statement in this case. That would be a shame, but oh well.

What kind of Wins / GAA / Save% numbers could be expected from him the first few years in Vegas? I can't imagine it would be good at all. Frowny face as a Bish owner in a dynasty league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would think Grubauer and/or Raanta would be grabbed by Vegas.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Depends if they want a 1/2 or a 1a/1b.

Fleury
    Bishop
    Rinne
    Condon
    Ward
    Lack
    Greiss
    Halak
    Neuvirth
    Elliott
    Miller
    Luongo
    Reimer
    Darling
    Raanta
    Grubauer
    Bernier
    Nilsson
    Hutton
    Varlamov
    Howard
    Mrazek
    Korpisalo

Could literally see any of these names in Vegas next season.
    Most of these names I agree with you on. The only two I see a little less likely are Rinne and Reimer.
    Saros is exempt, and I'm pretty sure Nashville can expose Mazanec, so no big worry there. If you're thinking he gets traded, I don't see too much leverage that Las Vegas has with so many goalies on the market, and Nashville in no need to part with Rinne. The tandem of him and Saros should stick for at least next year.

Reimer for similar reasons as Rinne. I think Luongo gets exposed (and not selected) then Reimer gets protected as the future of the Florida net.

So many options though and tough to say for sure. Will be interesting to see how it all play out.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I still think Ben Bishop will sign a big contract with them. There wasn't much interest in him in the trade market. Vegas can negotiate with him before other teams do (excluding the Kings but that won't happen) and they can offer him a lot of money because they won't have any cap space issues for a long time and it's a great way to start building your team by locking up your #1 goalie first.

Funny thing is that if Vegas signs Bishop before the expansion draft, that counts as the player drafted from LA which means they don't lose anyone else. This may have been a reason to keep Bishop in Tampa instead of giving him away for so little but obviously Tampa didn't think it was worth it to keep him around.
    I like Bishop too for all the same reasons!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    I would think Grubauer and/or Raanta would be grabbed by Vegas.
    As Bishop's backup, sure thing.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Fleury has a NMC so are we assuming that he waives it to become a starter in Vegas? I see him more likely getting traded in the offseason, but as we saw at the trade deadline it's a buyer's market for goalies.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Guru

I've been thinking lately that Halak will be the guy (I know you specifically mentioned not mentioning him -- but he's been a starter previously).
    McPhee might think back to the playoff series that dismantled his high flying Caps several years back and hope.
    Rumors flew that there were several teams inquiring about him at the deadline. He's been good in the AHL.
    He's my un-sexy, but seemingly sensical pick.

Bishop is totally an option if he chases the money.
    Fleury won't go there without a deal, and I'm not sure he allows it.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev