Thread: {Signing} Karri Ramo to Flames

Dobber Sports Monster

Default {Signing} Karri Ramo to Flames

Karri Ramo and the Calgary Flames have reportedly agreed on a multi-year contract.
    The deal cannot be made official until July 5. Ramo has spent the past four seasons in the KHL with Omsk, where he had a 26-9-5 record with a 2.00 GAA and a .929 save percentage during the 2012-13 campaign. If Miikka Kiprusoff retires then there's a chance Ramo could end up as Calgary's number one goaltender next year.

Dobber Sports Expert

Brandon, do you know if that is a 1 way or a 2 way contract?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Monster

Just going off this but appears to be a one-way deal.

http://flamesnation.ca/2013/6/5/flam...erms-with-ramo

Dobber Sports Stud

What does that mean? 1 way vs 2 way?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    1 way means he can't be sent to the minors, he would have to go through waivers.

2 way means he can be optioned to the AHL whenever they see fit.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Basically if it's a one-way deal, odds are he's going to be up with the team the entire season, unless he completely shits the bed.

Job security = good.

I wonder if Kipper will decide to play one more year and split the duties 50/50 with Ramo or something like that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    1 way means he can't be sent to the minors, he would have to go through waivers.

The important aspect for the player is he gets paid the same if in the AHL or NHL. Two way deals the player gets something like 70k a year for time in the AHL.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post

This is a classic misunderstanding. 1-way and 2-way contracts have NOTHING to do with waivers in the NHL. All it means is how much a player is paid in the NHL versus the minors. A 1-way contract means the player gets paid his NHL salary regardless of where he plays. A 2-way contract means he has an NHL salary and a minor league salary and these numbers are different. Because of this difference, a player on a 1-way contract is more likely to stay in the NHL because it would cost his team much more in salary to play him in the minors than a player on a 2-way contract.

Dobber Sports Deity

Keep in mind that Joey MacDonald just re-upped for another year in Calgary for one year, one way as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This is a classic misunderstanding. 1-way and 2-way contracts have NOTHING to do with waivers in the NHL. All it means is how much a player is paid in the NHL versus the minors. A 1-way contract means the player gets paid his NHL salary regardless of where he plays. A 2-way contract means he has an NHL salary and a minor league salary and these numbers are different. Because of this difference, a player on a 1-way contract is more likely to stay in the NHL because it would cost his team much more in salary to play him in the minors than a player on a 2-way contract.
    I thought there were a few things that impact a player having to go through waivers or not: age, games of service in the NHL and AHL salary. If you make a lot of money in the AHL I think you have to go through waivers. Not 100% sure on this but I think I remember it that way. Therefore 1-way deals are always over the limit ($120,000 or something like that) so the player would have to go through waivers.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Nope. Waivers just has to do with at what age you signed your first pro contract and how many pro games you've played. There are charts if you feel like googling. One-way or two-way or how much money you make have exactly nothing to do with waivers. Nothing. It's a myth that needs to die.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

So I was reading something one day a few months ago about Ramo on the internet. I thought he would probably already be taken in my league but I looked anyway, because you never know, and saw that he was actually available. I picked him up and now I'm glad I did.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    The important aspect for the player is he gets paid the same if in the AHL or NHL. Two way deals the player gets something like 70k a year for time in the AHL.

Really? I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks for the info, reveeta and chuckcouples.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."