Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Does Kessel get Hart consideration?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Does Kessel get Hart consideration?

I thought this thread was about Kessel and Hart consideration?

Anyways, I think he definitely deserves consideration. He is vitally important to the leafs and he has put together what could very well be his best season, I don't think he should win it but he sure as hell should be in the conversation at the very least.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Under your definition I think at the start of the season probably 25+ teams would be considered bubble teams. And again, if your term 'bubble team' just means 'not a lock', it's a pointless thing to say. I don't think Minnesota or Toronto are bubble teams at this point. Bubble means fragile, and 5-1 odds are not fragile. I would say if you want to be generous with the definition, the bubble teams are CBJ, PHI, DAL, DET, PHO, NJD.

Dobber Sports Giant

I've never been a Bruins fan; I've never been a Leafs fan. In fact, I pretty much hate both teams ... but if you don't like watching Phil Kessel play hockey, I think something is wrong with you. #NoNeck
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not really. Eberle already has put up the best statistical season he will ever have in the NHL because he rode out luck for an entire season. And individual players aren't so much riding out luck as much as the entire team is in specific situations. I never said Toronto will miss the playoffs, I actually am pretty confident they will make it unfortunately. But they most certainly are a bubble team, and much more so than LA.

- - - Updated - - -

15 actually. And thats actually exactly what I am saying. Logic dictates that if you are not a lock you are on the bubble. That's true in basically anything, from choosing Team Canada to qualifying for playoffs.
    The problem is why are you calling them lucky. They are winning games, I couldn't care less how they do it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The problem is why are you calling them lucky. They are winning games, I couldn't care less how they do it.
    FenClose, CorsiClose, PDO, etc. Constantly getting dominated and stealing games based on goaltending is a lucky way to win.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    If a small losing streak, i.e. 3 games, can mathematically knock you out of the playoffs, I'm sorry... you're a bubble team.
    So if you're up by 6 points with 3 games left in the schedule you are a bubble team? In that case you are like 99% likely to make the playoffs. You guys have inconsistent definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat View Post
    Under your definition I think at the start of the season probably 25+ teams would be considered bubble teams. And again, if your term 'bubble team' just means 'not a lock', it's a pointless thing to say. I don't think Minnesota or Toronto are bubble teams at this point. Bubble means fragile, and 5-1 odds are not fragile. I would say if you want to be generous with the definition, the bubble teams are CBJ, PHI, DAL, DET, PHO, NJD.
    I really don't have to respond to you anymore. At this point the more you say the more you're hurting yourself lol.

- - - Updated - - -

So if you're up by 6 points with 3 games left in the schedule you are a bubble team? In that case you are like 99% likely to make the playoffs. You guys have inconsistent definitions.
    Like I said. Everything you are saying now just ends up hurting you more lol

Dobber Sports Sophomore

FenClose, CorsiClose, PDO, etc. Constantly getting dominated and stealing games based on goaltending is a lucky way to win.

If you believe PDO being over 100% is completely luck based then the leafs are riding something like a one in a trillion wave of luck over the last two seasons.

The Great One

At what point do those stats hold less water?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I really don't have to respond to you anymore. At this point the more you say the more you're hurting yourself lol.
    Like I said. Everything you are saying now just ends up hurting you more lol
    Awesome, I consider that you saying you can't defend your silly position. Have a nice day.

The Great One

And no, the Leafs aren't a bubble team to make the playoffs.

500 hockey gets them in the postseason. Their 'lucky' season winning percentage is above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    At what point do those stats hold less water?
    At no point? The game against San Jose was the perfect example of the Leafs against a good team. They run a "system" based off getting completely shelled and dominated with a high level of goaltending and pop gun scoring. It works against weak teams and teams that can't score well, and against good teams, well. Yea. I'd expect similar results tonight.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

http://i.imgur.com/JD003CC.png

I guess PIT and COL are just getting lucky too, right?

The Great One

At no point? The game against San Jose was the perfect example of the Leafs against a good team. They run a "system" based off getting completely shelled and dominated with a high level of goaltending and pop gun scoring. It works against weak teams and teams that can't score well, and against good teams, well. Yea. I'd expect similar results tonight.
    The 2nd back to back game of a west coast trip with Reimer in net? The Anaheim game meant nothing obviously.

Awesome, I consider that you saying you can't defend your silly position. Have a nice day.
    Sure, you can shout louder so you win. I was more saying you're defending it for me with stupid arguments, but if you want to perpetuate your own idiocy I'm perfectly fine to sit back and laugh at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    The 2nd game of a west coast trip with Reimer in net? The Anaheim game meant nothing obviously.
    Another team riding luck and regressing hard? Lol