Poll: Ducks or Preds

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Final: Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Western Conference Final: Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators

pick up the cup. be proud u won it

Dobber Sports Pro

Well that sucks. Nashville wins. They did not deserve to win at all tonight. We deserved a game 7 and honestly Anaheim deserved better.

I know the sentiment in this thread has been anti-Anaheim, and that they are "dirty", but that is a joke.

The playoffs are rough, they are battles, stuff happens and Yes, messages get sent. This may have been the best series all playoffs.

Not sure why so many posts seem so delicate but maybe this is the game we are inheriting now.

I am sad to see Anaheim go as I think they have been the most entertaining team to follow this playoffs, dirty or not.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Well that sucks. Nashville wins. They did not deserve to win at all tonight. We deserved a game 7 and honestly Anaheim deserved better.

I know the sentiment in this thread has been anti-Anaheim, and that they are "dirty", but that is a joke.

The playoffs are rough, they are battles, stuff happens and Yes, messages get sent. This may have been the best series all playoffs.

Not sure why so many posts seem so delicate but maybe this is the game we are inheriting now.

I am sad to see Anaheim go as I think they have been the most entertaining team to follow this playoffs, dirty or not.
    No tears are being shed in Edmonton... Go Preds!

Dobber Sports Monster

edmontonhahahaa.png

i dont know how to make it big [hehe]

Dobber Sports Pro

YES. Poor Edmonton.after tanking for a decade and 6 #1 picks, they absolutely should waltz their way to a Stanley Cup.

There was no complaining about the refs as I think they actually let them play most of this series.

Not an Anaheim fan.......
    As a hockey fan I wanted a game 7 in this series just like I did in the Edm series. Feel like we got robbed.

Dobber Sports Titan

YES. Poor Edmonton.after tanking for a decade and 6 #1 picks, they absolutely should waltz their way to a Stanley Cup.

There was no complaining about the refs as I think they actually let them play most of this series.

Not an Anaheim fan.......
    As a hockey fan I wanted a game 7 in this series just like I did in the Edm series. Feel like we got robbed.
    Edmonton is another story, but they got beat.
    This series has had so many calls get missed/ignored, it's impossible to say it swung it one way or the other. The refs were at least consistently lenient with the calls. That's all you can really ask for is some degree of consistency.

I agree that Nashville got heavily outplayed in the first two periods, and I have no idea how they were leading at that point. That being said, they deserved to win the game based on their third period. Anaheim got the tying goal and took their foot off the gas a little, They had the momentum at that point and let it slip away.

It was maybe the best series of the payoffs thus far, and I fear the finals may not live up to it (no matter who wins).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a battle this series was! Absolutely vicious. I hold the refs responsible for allowing so many cross checks, late hits and generally dirty hockey to happen. Tell both teams that you will call the game tight and then have the nuts to follow through. Set the standard and stick to it. If there is a constant parade to the penalty box, then so be it, that's on the players.

I'd really like to see Nashville win the Stanley Cup. Poor Shea Weber, all those years and then gets moved when it all comes together.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nashville deserved to win because they scored 6 goals and they won.

And a team with Perry, Kesler, Bieksa, Ritchie, etc. Always deserves every bad thing that happens to them, and never deserves better.

They're hands down the dirtiest team in the league. It's not close. Not remotely close even.

Here's a non delicate post. F*** the Ducks. Go cry at home after you spent the postgame crying in your dressing room. You had a 2-2 series tie going home with the other team missing their top 2 centers. If they couldn't win 2/3, they didn't deserve better, they deserved this. If they focused more time on playing hockey and less time playing cross-check, maybe they could win a few more games that matter. Instead Kesler can go home and cry in his cheerios all summer. Again.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'd really like to see Nashville win the Stanley Cup. Poor Shea Weber, all those years and then gets moved when it all comes together.
    Could argue it all came together because he was moved. Pretty convincingly too, since Subban was Nashville's best defenseman and better defensively this season than Weber.

Dobber Sports Pro

The fact that you hate the ducks is a great thing. Hockey needs heroes and villains. Screw the all grey, salary capped, we are all equal crap. Sports in general is is black and white, wins and losses, but the emotion, the passion and the hate are what makes it great.

I do not see how players missing factors in. I would say that Anaheim was missing more vital pieces than Nashville but those are the breaks.

I really wanted to see these guys in game 7. It would have been great.

I think Eskimo got it right when he said this was the apex of the playoffs. I hope Nashville goes on to win, but do you really expect to watch better games in the cup final than this series,

Who ya gonna hate now?

(And if your team signed Kesler signed for their cup run, I am sure you would not watch in protest).

Dobber Sports Immortal

Congrats to the Preds. What a run so far. Hope missing RyJo doesn't kill them if/when they play Pittsburgh

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

if you can't beat a team missing their top two C you deserve to be knocked out.

it will be fun to watch a team loaded with D but no C (Nashville) vs a team loaded with C but no D (Pittsburgh).

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm so happy for the Preds, and I'm also very happy the Ducks got knocked out. They should focus on acquiring some goal-scorers instead of adding more dirty players. More Rakells, less Ritchies.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

it will be fun to watch a team loaded with D but no C (Nashville) vs a team loaded with C but no D (Pittsburgh).
    Exactly. And excellent point.

Dobber Sports Monster

was funny to see Anaheim players trying to fight the Nashville players near the end of the game... you can't beat em, beat em up lol

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

HA very true!