Thread: adam larsson!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default adam larsson!

adam larsson,

how good will he be? what does the DOBBERworld predict in years 1-3-5?

is he an elite dman?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

IMO he will become a top all around d-man, solid offensively but not an offensive fantasy force - think Eric Johnson.
    He could also prove me totally wrong and explode, but I don't see him ever becoming that elite puck-moving guy who the offense revolved around like a Karlsson.
    H2H weekly matchup limited 24 team KEEPER Salary Cap league, goals, assists, wins, SO
    Start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 1 G
    Protect 11 players from 23 man roster each year (projected keepers in bold)

LW N Ehlers, B Tkachuk,LW G Denisenko
    C R Fabbri, F Chytil, J Thornton
    RW T Meier, O Bjorkstrand, F Zadina,
    D C Makar, R Dahlin, Z Werenski, A Fox, J Mahura, Evan Bouchard
    G I Samsonov,

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would agree with Colts. I have been struggling with this very question in my keeper league. I always believe in having a strong D that can put up big points, and I have to decide if Larsson will be that special type of offensive D man, or a just a solid 35 pt guy.

I am inclined to feel he fits the latter mold, specifically in New Jersey.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Legend

lorenzin,

In terms of points, I think Larsson will end up along the lines of Ryan Suter (42-47 points) with his ceiling being today's version of Alex Pietrangelo (50-55 points). I don't expect him to be a "Karlsson" but he will be an all-around stud who puts up steady of very good (not spectacular) production. Once he gains confidence in his shot on the PP he could be a 12g/38a guy - possibly 3-4 years down the road.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think he will be a solid, all-around #2 or #3 dman who tops out at 40ish points. I don't see him as a dominant #1 in the NHL. From a fantasy hockey perspective, I don't see him ever being ranked in the top 15 in points only or multicat formats.

I moved him last season for fear that he will take too long to become fantasy relevant, and didn't want to hold on to him so long that his trade value went the way that Hedman's has.

Too early to really say with any certainty, but that's my gut feel and I could be way out to lunch.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

Dobber Sports Ace

I think he has a very underrated offensive game and NJ are being patient him and letting him grow slowly and learn all the subtle nuances of the NHL game. They have Zidlicky and crew signed for 1 more year and after that all the offense from the back end will be coming through him.

I see him putting up 3-5G & 23-26A (give or take a few) next season and 5-8G & 30-35A in 14. with a ceiling of 12G-40A.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    I think he has a very underrated offensive game and NJ are being patient him and letting him grow slowly and learn all the subtle nuances of the NHL game. They have Zidlicky and crew signed for 1 more year and after that all the offense from the back end will be coming through him.

I see him putting up 3-5G & 23-26A (give or take a few) next season and 5-8G & 30-35A in 14. with a ceiling of 12G-40A.
    Larsson's ceiling is around 50 points I agree with you there, his problem is NJ needs him to be a solid defensive guy and it will slow down his offensive skills.. I would put him with similiar upside/development as Hedman.
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 3rtpaper View Post
    Larsson's ceiling is around 50 points I agree with you there, his problem is NJ needs him to be a solid defensive guy and it will slow down his offensive skills.. I would put him with similiar upside/development as Hedman.
    I disagree, I think Volchenkov, Salvador and Tallinder are their defensive Stalwarts. They are keeping him insulated but i think he has more offense then Hedman and NJ will give himm more offensive opportunity this year and as i showed above that year after next will be nice...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

40-50 pts, 150+ blks, 200 hits, 100 SOG