Thread: Huge offer to consider

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Huge offer to consider

Wow, I have been busy in this forum over the past 72 hours .

Thank you for everyone's input thus far. So, I manage a team in a 24-team fantasy points-only league. We play head-to-head each week, dressing 2 LW, 2C, 2 RW, 4 D and 1 G.

I recently acquired RW Pat Kane and RW Corey Perry.

Another manager recently sent me a trade offer for Kane.

The deal looked like:

Pat Kane, RW

for

Drew Doughty, D
    V. Tarasenko, RW

I currently have the following on D = OEL, Kulikov, Goligoski, Burns, Gardiner, Faulk.

RWers are normally hard to come by, but so are dmen.

Should I keep Kane or do the deal and gamble on Tarasenko?

This other gm also has the following d on his roster: Karlsson, Yandle, Letang, Doughty and OEL.

thanks for your time (yet again ).

Dobber Sports All-Star

Keep Kane in this case, you have good defense already and Tarasenko will have to fight for ice time with the other 9 guys in mediocrity.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What does the rest of your roster look like? Right now I don't think I'd do it, you are already pretty set on d and with Perry and Kane you should be set at RW. It's close I guess I don't value Tarasenko as valuably as others.

Side Note why do you both have OEL?
    Dynasty Hockey League 16 Team Dynasty. Head to head with (G,A,+/-, ppa, ppg, pim, sog, gwg, shp, w, ga, sv%, saves.) Daily Lineup.

Centers - Duchene, Statsny Loktionov, Legwand Peverly

Left Wing- Vanek, Jokinen, Foglino Sullivan

Right Wing- Eberle, Hornquvist, Ovechkin

Defence- Letang , Hamonic, Bogosian, Seidenberg, B.smith , Hamilton

Goaltenders- Dubnyk,, Nabokov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes, thanks a bunch guys for your input.

I originally said 'no' to this GM when he first asked about Kane.

My starting 11 are:

LW - Kovalchuk, Hall
    C - Getzlaf, E. Staal
    RW - Kane, Perry

D - I own OEL, Goligoski, Kulikov, Burns, Faulk and Gardiner (of which I am only going to protect 4)

G - Luongo

On the dman thread, I enquired for comments on which 4 of the 6 dmen I should protect and one dobberite mentioned trading some of my young dmen for a productive 40+ dman as I can only really afford to protect up to 4 players.

All the comments got me to thinking perhaps I should beef up at my D position, plus the fact I love to deal .

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sorry, I forgot to respond about the fact there are two OEL in the league.

This league is a combination of two previous separate leagues that were gelled into one. The GM's voted at the time (I was not part of the league then) that instead of disbanding the two fantasy leagues, the decision was to combine the two leagues and allow for duplicate players.

A bit confusing I know, but there you have it--2 OEL, 2 Crosbys, 2 Ovechkins...etc, etc...

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mooseiamcdn View Post
    plus the fact I love to deal .
    If they only knew!!! You just landed Kane no more than a week ago and he has yet to play a game for the Iceminers.

As this is a points only league, I think you'd lose the best player in the deal. Tarasenko is unproven at this point and Doughty could suffer from a bit of the hangover early on in the season. You're d-core that you built through trades is strong, no need to mess with it. Perry/Kane is a great 1-2 punch on the RW.

Keep it status quo. Behind Grioux & Eberle, Kane could be a top 3 RW in our league this year.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Don't do it Dean.

Kane is by far the better player in the deal considering your D are not that bad. You could be waiting e few years to see the real Tarasenko and we both know you do not have the patience for that.

Plus Kane and Perry are young. You'll be set for a while. I'd let your D develop and see where it takes you. There is a lot of potential on your blue line. Worst case scenario is still decent and best case scenrio is very very good with the group you have.

Let the other GM drop his Dmen and force him to use those 7 first round picks he has to get them back.
    Points only pool - H2H - Dress 11/week - 2 at every forward position(RW, LW, C), 4 D, 1G
    Goalie Points = 2/win, 1/overtime loss, 3 more/shutout (They typically make up most of the top 10 point getters every year in our league)

24 teams but 2 of every player (2 Crosbys, 2 Rasks, etc.) so treat it like a 12 team.

PROTECT 11 (max. roster size is 25)

LW - Benn, Pacioretty, Henrique, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen
    C - Tavares, Backstrom, Johansen
    RW - Giroux, Wheeler, Donskoi, Pomminville, Silvferberg
    D - Josi, Karlsson, Burns, Seabrook, Reilly, Gardiner,
    G - Jones, Rinne, Miller

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Fellow dobberites and Grumpy and Jag,

I love you guys ...

I hate dealing with the devil anyways (lol)...he just sent me another offer with Elliott, Tarasenko and Doughty for Kane and whomever to balance the rosters out.

It's those 7 first rounders that would also hurt me (the league as a whole). He'd be set for the season.

Thank you everyone...

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy29 View Post
    let the other GM drop his Dmen and force him to use those 7 first round picks he has to get them back.
    I 2nd this!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mooseiamcdn View Post
    Elliott, Tarasenko and Doughty for Kane
    Essentially you'd be giving up Kane for Doughty. Elliot and Tara. will both be dropped and available come draft day. Not buying the Elliot talk just yet.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I actually prefer Doughty to Kane strait up - the addition of the other two really swing the deal in your favour IMO .

I might be a bit biased, as I own him in more than one league, but I see Doughty as a guy who is going to take his impressive Stanley cup run as the beginning of a great career that faced a hiccup with his holdout - pure stardom is in his future, especially with the added firepower LA has - they are a very good young team that will only get better!

Kane has skills, but I wonder about his head, decision making and passion for the game - he will not last in the league as long as Doughty for that reason - just check out the Chicago headlines and videos on the net - take this deal and fly!

Not sure what the others see that I don't but this is an offer I would jump on before the other guy reads the same stuff in the Chi-town media and changes his mind.

Adding Tarasenko and Elliot is icing on the cake.
    H2H weekly matchup limited 24 team KEEPER Salary Cap league, goals, assists, wins, SO
    Start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 1 G
    Protect 11 players from 23 man roster each year (projected keepers in bold)

LW N Ehlers, B Tkachuk,LW G Denisenko
    C R Fabbri, F Chytil, J Thornton
    RW T Meier, O Bjorkstrand, F Zadina,
    D C Makar, R Dahlin, Z Werenski, A Fox, J Mahura, Evan Bouchard
    G I Samsonov,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree that Kane does not have a good head on his shoulders and the his point production decreases last season too

BUT

Kane was move around to center last season and was not nearly as productive. Doughty didn't seem toput up the same numbers with Johnson there and now has Voynov pushing for PP time. Yes he is a top D man but I think that Kane is a PPG player and those are hard to come by...especially on RW. Remember that there are only really about 20 PPG players in the league (as much as we would like to think there are more).

Elliot --> Unproven
    Tarasenko --> Unproven

Let the other owner pick those ""unproven" players back up with his 7 first round picks while you keep the almost "sure" things
    Points only pool - H2H - Dress 11/week - 2 at every forward position(RW, LW, C), 4 D, 1G
    Goalie Points = 2/win, 1/overtime loss, 3 more/shutout (They typically make up most of the top 10 point getters every year in our league)

24 teams but 2 of every player (2 Crosbys, 2 Rasks, etc.) so treat it like a 12 team.

PROTECT 11 (max. roster size is 25)

LW - Benn, Pacioretty, Henrique, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen
    C - Tavares, Backstrom, Johansen
    RW - Giroux, Wheeler, Donskoi, Pomminville, Silvferberg
    D - Josi, Karlsson, Burns, Seabrook, Reilly, Gardiner,
    G - Jones, Rinne, Miller