Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: [Offer Sheet Matched] SHEA WEBER SIGNS WITH PHILLY! 14 Years/100Mill!!!

Dobber Sports Legend

Ross

Money cannot be traded in the NHL anymore.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Ross

Money cannot be traded in the NHL anymore.
    Sweet, thanks for the clarification Fung!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Legend

The ONLY way Weber is traded is if he goes to Nashville and sulks. Al Morganti was on Philly radio this morning and mentioned what I did yesterday about Weber and his wife falling in love with the Philly/South Jersey area. Weber's wife will be the most disappointed as she had her heart set on the area and was spending the last few days actually reviewing housing availability in the Medford, NJ area. That said, I suspect Weber NEVER throws a hissy fit - he's too much man for that.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I have an eerie feeling Holmgren is either going to Offer Sheet PK Subban, overpay dearly for Shane Doan or trade the farm for Bobby Ryan.
    I think the Rangers might still get Doan to be honest LOl. I don't really think he's worth anything more than a 1 year deal at a nice salary or 2 year deal at moderate salary. I don't think the Flyers will try another contract like that. I think this was a special case for Weber. I think they will try to make a move for Boyle or Yandle now, but that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I was going to say something about goaltenders here, but that seemed was too easy.
    You still reak of jealousy! We did not get our guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    LOL at arrogant Flyers fans saying Nashville couldn't afford to match even though the Preds have been saying for a year now they'd match any offer sheet for Weber.

And no, Weber won't be traded (were Sakic/Kesler/Vanek/Backes/etc. traded?).
    Flyers fans were excited at the prospects of having Weber sure, but it was always a possibility that Nashville could match. However, lets not pretend like the rest of the World (even non-Flyers fans) thought that Nashville was not going to match. To be honest, they put themselves in quite of a financial bind with this move, but kudos to them for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Can anyone clarify this for me.

In the event that in one year, Nashville and Weber are not pleased with one another, could Nashville trade Weber for a fair package + money to cover part of the 27 mil (that he gets paid this year) so both sides end up a good deal? Is that legal? Is that possible?

Theoretically, could be something like this

Weber

for

Courturier + 14 million

Just speculating
    Flyers wouldn't give Courturier in a deal this year, why would they next year? The purpose of paying the 26 million was so that you didn't have to give Courturier, let alone that its illegal.

I think that Weber remains a Pred for life, and good for them for locking up their guy. Flyers should worry about Giroux first now.
    Girrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooux

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh Kushmoney, jokes about the Flyers and goaltending are commonplace around these parts. Don't get to worked up over it. All is well in Flyerland still and there are players to be signed yet.

Seriously my friend, just having a little fun.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kushmoney View Post
    Flyers wouldn't give Courturier in a deal this year, why would they next year? The purpose of paying the 26 million was so that you didn't have to give Courturier, let alone that its illegal.
    I was speculating. Preds want a center. I didn't say it was plausible, nor did I say I think/want Courturier to be dealt. Was just wondering if that situation or one similar to it is possible. I am a Flyer fan. Relax.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Oh Kushmoney, jokes about the Flyers and goaltending are commonplace around these parts. Don't get to worked up over it. All is well in Flyerland still and there are players to be signed yet.

Seriously my friend, just having a little fun.
    Me too. I love Flyer haters. Thats why I put the wink in there, I wasn't flirting.

I was speculating. Preds want a center. I didn't say it was plausible, nor did I say I think/want Courturier to be dealt. Was just wondering if that situation or one similar to it is possible. I am a Flyer fan. Relax.
    I am quite relaxed, I am about to go use the facilities though, so I will be even more relaxed in 20 minutes.

I was just saying that the set back from a deal this year was Coots, so the odds of them dealing him in the future when hes even more developed is probably non-chalant.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Puberty is a weird thing...
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Me too. I love Flyer haters.
    Yeah, if you don't paint the most Flyers-positive picture ever so that even people not wearing orange-tinted glasses can see the glory, then you're a Flyers hater. Gotcha.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    Thats true but 2 first round picks a year for the next 4 years looks pretty good.

Lets assume they picked in the 25-30 range with the Flyers pick each of the next 4 years they could of had players such as:

2013 (using my rankings)
    25- J.T. Compher
    26- Jacob de la Rose
    27- Eric Roy
    28- William Carrier
    29- Madison Bowey
    30- Morgan Klimchuk

16- Kerby Rychel (Where I think they'd finish without Weber)

25- Jordan Schmaltz
    26- Brendan Gaunce
    27- Henrik Samuelsson
    28- Brady Skeji
    29- Stefan Matteau
    30- Tanner Pearson

21- Mark Jankowski (Traded to Buf in Gaustad trade)

25- Stuart Percy
    26- Phillip Danault
    27- Vladislav Namestnikov
    28- Zack Phillips
    29- Nicklas Jensen
    30- Rickard Rakell

21- Stefan Noesen (Originally their pick)

25- Quinton Howden
    26- Evgeny Kuznetsov
    27- Mark Visentin
    28- Charlie Coyle
    29- Emerson Etem
    30- Brock Nelson

18- Austin Watson (Nashvilles pick)

I would be happy with combinations of those 4 and then on top of that the players they picked.
    None of those guys have done a thing in the NHL yet. Until they prove they can, there's no guarantee they ever will. Not to mention that while there is some nice names in there (ie: Kuznetsov, Coyle,, etc.) there's absolutely zero evidence to say that the Preds would have picked that player in that spot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Yeah, if you don't paint the most Flyers-positive picture ever so that even people not wearing orange-tinted glasses can see the glory, then you're a Flyers hater. Gotcha.
    Its all in the user name.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Absolutely..

You guys are tough...

I think I was just accused of going through puberty at 30 years of age LMAO...

lifes not that serious gents.. lighten up its a message board. Realize that the Flyers are the almighty too, and you will be better off.

Dobber Sports Pro

I can't wait for Dutch to return so we can get a homer show down

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Absolutely..

You guys are tough...

I think I was just accused of going through puberty at 30 years of age LMAO...

lifes not that serious gents.. lighten up its a message board. Realize that the Flyers are the almighty too, and you will be better off.
    Nah, that's fine. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity and ignorance. I'll just know never to take anything you write seriously. We're cool.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I can't wait for Dutch to return so we can get a homer show down
    This forum would implode if those two got at each other
    GO WINGS!