Thread: Thank You Angus & Dobber Nation

The King of Diatribes

Default Thank You Angus & Dobber Nation

Hi everyone,

I have not posted in here since like March, but I just wanted to thank everyone that has reached out to me today.

Jessica Redfield was a friend of mine, and she was viciously killed last night in the Aurora shootings. She was a sweet, sweet girl, very ambitious, and moved out to Colorado a year ago from Texas. We obviously became instant friends because of the Texas connection, and I was one of the first friends she made out there.

What made this harder for me was the fact I just actually moved from Colorado to Minnesota, and so it's a little tough to not be there with my friends and her friends. So it has just been a pretty tough day all around as you can imagine.

I wrote a piece to help remember her in a positive light. If you want to read it, here is the link: http://thegoalieguild.com/2012/07/je...ion-of-saints/

Just a heads up there's a bit of vulgar language in there.

Thank you Angus for the mention in the ramblings, and thank you to everyone who reached out to me today on Twitter and Facebook.

I am sorry for not posting anything on here in months. Life has taken over. I now live just outside of Minneapolis, and I am loving it so far. There is so much more hockey out here compared to Colorado, and the move has already paid dividends in terms of my scouting. I was able to scout two goalie camps run by two different NHL goalie coaches, as well as the Wild's development camp last week. It was a huge learning experience for me.

Please keep Jessica and her family and everyone else struck by the tragedy in your prayers. It's so scary to think about what she has gone through over the past few months. I tried to help her the best I could the whole time she was in Colorado, and I will miss her. She was very passionate about the game and the culture of hockey.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm sorry for your loss, Justin. Such a tragic and senseless loss of a young life in full bloom. Since it's impossible to make sense out of this kind of lunacy, we are left to grieve and ponder the why. If we can take anything away from this harshness, it's probably the realization of the impermanence of our lives which hopefully is a gentle nudge toward considering how we treat others around us in the mundane day-to-day. It does matter and you made it matter with Jessica in the short time you knew her. Stick tap!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sorry to hear about your loss. Jessica has been all over the news in the Toronto media today because of her connection to the Toronto shooting in the Eaton Centre just last month. It is absolutely cruel and unjust that anyone on this earth could be subject to such a horrible experience in two separate cities in back to back months. She is in a safer place now.

Glad to hear things are going well with your new life. Best of luck with the scouting.

Dobber Sports Legend

Justin, I feel horrible about the entire situation, for you, your friend Jessica, her family and friends, and everyone else devastated by such a horrific and preventable occurrence. I feel for you man. I saw her brother on TV tonight and my heart broke. I read your tribute to Jessica and it was both beautiful and inspirational. You have a great attitude and outlook on life - sometimes I wish I could be more like you.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

Keep helping people Justin and tell them Jessica's story. I for one have benifited from your writing many times, more so on a tradgedy like this. The reminder of how precious, precarious and short life is always important to hear. Thoughts and prayers to Jessica's family and friends.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I guess there is really not much more to say, it's a crazy world, sad, very sad, very troubling. Sincere condolences Justin and to Jessica's family.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Banned

that's terrible Justin, very sorry to hear of your loss in such a senseless act

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I haven't been on the forums for a couple of days now, so I just wanted to say sorry Justin.. My thoughts and prayers are with Jessica's family aswell as all the other victims in this tragic tragic event..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Monster

RIP Jessica and all the victims that lost their life and a speedy recovery to the victims that will eventually recover.

Justin, great passion and emotion in your writing. The good ones always leave us to early.

Dobber Sports Genius

No words can express the feelings we have at times like this.
    POOL ON Justin , continue to live on , that's all any of us can do.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As I said on twitter, sorry for your loss and my thoughts go out to everyone affected.