Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help Needed: Fantrax Site Review

Dobber Sports Padawan

We'll likely see it in the review but what is it in the extra "functionality" that really sets Fantrax apart for you diehards? I ask as I'm thinking of starting a live auction draft with some friends and know that CBS is really the only option I've considered. It won't have a "farm system" so is there anything else I should know about Fantrax from a Commish standpoint that might make me look into it further?
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Great discussion guys. So, anyone want to do a review? :-)

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by angelofharlem View Post
    My mom said if I have nothing nice to say it's best to say nothing at all.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kenzle1r View Post
    We'll likely see it in the review but what is it in the extra "functionality" that really sets Fantrax apart for you diehards? I ask as I'm thinking of starting a live auction draft with some friends and know that CBS is really the only option I've considered. It won't have a "farm system" so is there anything else I should know about Fantrax from a Commish standpoint that might make me look into it further?
    Big thing for me is fantrax can handle any type of league - doesn't matter how big or small, cap or noncap, every cat you could dream of using, etc.

Add in that it's got a no-nonsense approach (at least I find anyway) where you don't need to dig through endless help sections to figure out how to set things up, and I'm sold.

Their customer service is also fantastic.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by angelofharlem View Post
    I would, but I might be a little biased ... *looks down at signature* haha...
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post

Because even if it did it would still have 1/10th the functionality of Fantrax.
    Its atleast a start

Dobber Sports Monster

The ability for fantrax to help our minor league system, was a crucial thing for me. We can do our settings as we need and its basically soooooo much easier for a comish to handle.

In my CBS leagues, it was just a fools mess trying to monitor minor league players.

From an owner standpoint they do not really feel the effect. But from a Comish standpoint having to work this and monitor it, fantrax and the settings will be a very good thing.

The " look" of the sites is not as important to me as the overall functionality of the site is.

Dobber Sports Expert

I have been a Fantrax commisioner for a whole year for my keeper league. I wouldn't mind doing the review as I've used most if not all of the features at one point. Send me a private message with the deadline date to submit the review and any particulars. I'd like some more details before I fully commit.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co