Thread: Latos Tolerant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Latos Tolerant

I've been sniffing around the Latos owner to see what he thinks his value is - I originally offered him Wandy Rodriguez and Salvador Perez (he's surplus for me since I have 4 catchers - McCann, Lucroy, Soto and Perez). He turned me down, but countered with Zimmermann or Hellickson and Perez. I personally think both are too steep, but thought I'd check with the forum. I was thinking of offering Dempster or Cahill with Perez, but I don't think he will accept those either. Thoughts? Roster and league rules in signature.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Why would you give him Hellickson or Zimmermann plus for Latos right now? I would just walk away.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't. I originally offered Wandy and Perez for Latos trying to buy low on him, and he countered looking for Zim and Hel, which I'm not interested in. But I'm considering countering with Dempster or Cahill and Perez. Latos hasn't impressed, but he historically starts slowly so I'm trying to figure out what price makes sense given his upside.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    I wouldn't. I originally offered Wandy and Perez for Latos trying to buy low on him, and he countered looking for Zim and Hel, which I'm not interested in. But I'm considering countering with Dempster or Cahill and Perez. Latos hasn't impressed, but he historically starts slowly so I'm trying to figure out what price makes sense given his upside.
    You can try offering that, but he doesn't seem willing to trade Latos for a fair price. Let me look at your roster and I'll see if I can find something that works.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Try Cahill and Wandy for Latos.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback - I'm starting with Cahill and Perez since I have such a surplus of injured catchers, but might try the Wandy/Cahill approach if it fails. I can pickup another good SP as part of my mid-year draft, but I like the idea of adding the ace upside of Latos while he's down.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well at the very least my trade discussions have gotten interesting. His counter-offer is his Latos and youkilis for Wandy, Moustakas and Perez. Am I crazy to be hesitant? The injury risk alone makes me a bit nervous. We start two 3Bs, and I've got Longoria and Moustakas, with Stewart as my backup. But then I think about what a healthy Youk and an improved Latos can do...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well at the very least my trade discussions have gotten interesting. His counter-offer is his Latos and youkilis for Wandy, Moustakas and Perez. Am I crazy to be hesitant? The injury risk alone makes me a bit nervous. We start two 3Bs, and I've got Longoria and Moustakas, with Stewart as my backup. But then I think about what a healthy Youk and an improved Latos can do...
    You're not crazy to be hesitant, Youkilis is declining and the quality of pitching in the AL East is on the rise. Since you have Longoria AND Moustakas, there's absolutely no need for Youk on your team. Ask him what he wants for JUST Latos, he seems to be tiptoeing around that and sending out 4 for 3 deals and what not.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree w DM, don't overpay on Latos. As far as we know, his one great season may've been mostly a fluke.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He has actually countered to me with Cahill and Perez for his Latos. I'm thinking I need to take this. Cahill is much more replaceable than Latos. I don't see a whole lot of downside here since I've already got Soto to plug in for Lucroy until he returns (and Perez is no sure thing).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He has actually countered to me with Cahill and Perez for his Latos. I'm thinking I need to take this. Cahill is much more replaceable than Latos. I don't see a whole lot of downside here since I've already got Soto to plug in for Lucroy until he returns (and Perez is no sure thing).
    Indeed you do, nice job. Patience was key, right?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It appears so. Appreciate the advice!