Page 54 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 104 154 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Speaking of Trois Pistoles I was so tempted to try it tonight. But it was 10:30 by the time I got home and that's a big bottle.
    Hehehe, yes it is.....a big 'ol bottle of beery goodness. I still have to place my special order for some of the other Unibroue beers. The store I go to always has at least one bottle of Trois Pistoles (employee favorite) on hand and roughly half the time there's a bottle or two of La Fin Du Monde as well but none of their others. The ones I'm looking for first are Maudite, Raftman, Don de Dieu, and Noire de Chambly.

I got an early b-day present yesterday, a 4 CuFt refrigerator for my beers. It's right beside my computer table now. All I have to do is turn 90 degrees to my right and voila....beer!!! And since my computer is in my bedroom.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8WIr3iq2Bc

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Hehehe, yes it is.....a big 'ol bottle of beery goodness. I still have to place my special order for some of the other Unibroue beers. The store I go to always has at least one bottle of Trois Pistoles (employee favorite) on hand and roughly half the time there's a bottle or two of La Fin Du Monde as well but none of their others. The ones I'm looking for first are Maudite, Raftman, Don de Dieu, and Noire de Chambly.

I got an early b-day present yesterday, a 4 CuFt refrigerator for my beers. It's right beside my computer table now. All I have to do is turn 90 degrees to my right and voila....beer!!! And since my computer is in my bedroom.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8WIr3iq2Bc
    Sherbrooke sells Ephemere, Blance de Chamblay, Maudite, Trois Pistoles, La Fin Du Monde, and I think there was one other kind.

I love and hate these big Unibroue bottles. They're awesome to drink, but when you just want "a beer" to sip on it's like damnit...

Dobber Sports Guru

I love and hate these big Unibroue bottles. They're awesome to drink, but when you just want "a beer" to sip on it's like damnit...
    Im not a big fan of the over-sized bottles ..... I think the largest single serving container should be a pint. Those JUMBO cans and the huge 750 ml + bottles are somewhat cumbersome and in the summer they warm up too fast. However I do what I have to do to enjoy quality beers.

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Im not a big fan of the over-sized bottles ..... I think the largest single serving container should be a pint. Those JUMBO cans and the huge 750 ml + bottles are somewhat cumbersome and in the summer they warm up too fast. However I do what I have to do to enjoy quality beers.
    Yea.. I can occasionally find the Unibroue in six packs and when I do I jump on it. Those big bottles are just too much unless your goal is getting drunk, especially when you have one of those big bottles of La Fin Du Monde.

Dobber Sports Guru

Yea.. I can occasionally find the Unibroue in six packs and when I do I jump on it. Those big bottles are just too much unless your goal is getting drunk, especially when you have one of those big bottles of La Fin Du Monde.
    ya 750 ml of 9% is basically like drinking a 6 pack of Coors light.

Except far, far, tastier (assuming the 9% beer is Unibroue or something else actually good - aka not Coors Light).

Dobber Sports Guru

Except far, far, tastier (assuming the 9% beer is Unibroue or something else actually good - aka not Coors Light).
    yes far tastier ..... hmmmmm im thirsty

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah but the beer inside tastes soooooo much better then Coors Light.

Someone really needs to send me some Russian River... Heard such good things about it but impossible to get up here (at least from my experience).

Dobber Sports Wizard

All three of us come up with the same response one minute after the comment before. I think that kind of timing requires a drink to toast it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Someone really needs to send me some Russian River... Heard such good things about it but impossible to get up here (at least from my experience).
    Russian River beers are very rare outside of Cali. But I agree somebody needs to hook us up with those tasty little beauties....

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    All three of us come up with the same response one minute after the comment before. I think that kind of timing requires a drink to toast it.
    great minds think alike ...... and fools seldom differ Ill leave it up to you to decide which we are ....

great minds think alike ...... and fools seldom differ Ill leave it up to you to decide which we are ....
    Find me some Russian River and I won't care what category I'm in!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Find me some Russian River and I won't care what category I'm in!
    A couple of 12oz bottles of Mephistopheles' Stout and you may well forget which category your in.