Thread: Randomer Goalies

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Randomer Goalies

Hey,

In the same league as Sasquatch and would like to do the same thing and see what people think about my goalie prospects, Who might make the NHL and any guesses on upside.

Sami Aittokallio, Col

Lars Volden, Bos

Matt Mahalak, Car

Jonathan Iilahti, Van

Mathieu Corbail Theriault, Cbj

Edward Pasquale, Wpg

Brian Foster, Fla

Sergei Gayduchenko, Fla

Richard Ullberg, Undrafted Finland player with very good stats

Leonardo Genoni, Undrafted Italian, Great stats

thanks

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sami Aittokallio, Col - good goalie but stuck behind varlamov

Lars Volden, Bos - cant see him being an nhl goalie

Matt Mahalak, Car - good movement, steady all around goalie,

Jonathan Iilahti, Van - dont see him being in the nhl schnieder and lack in front of him

Mathieu Corbail Theriault, Cbj - 2.29 GAA, 0.912 save percentage, on a good team with good defence but i still think he can be a good nhler. He is a columbus prospoect so be weary.

Edward Pasquale, Wpg - ahler for life

Brian Foster, Fla - back in forth between ahl and echl, dont see him being an nhl goaltender

Sergei Gayduchenko, Fla - very skilled goalie, big fan of him but he is still in the khl. Big goalie at 6'5 if he comes to the ahl he could be a gem.

Richard Ullberg, Undrafted Finland player with very good stats

Leonardo Genoni, Undrafted Italian, Great stats

Dobber Sports Apprentice

cheers bud, sent you rep

Administrator

The problem I have with some of these goalie prospects is that there's only 60 roster spots for goalies in the NHL. So to justify having on your prospects list there has to be a decent chance that he can become one of the top 60 in the world at some point in the not-too-distant future. It's tough to make any projections and with the wait time on goalies it's usually not worth it in fantasy hockey.

IMO Pasquale and Corbeil-Theriault are by far your best goalie prospects. Out of your other ones, I would say the odds are less than 50% that one of them makes it big.

I would recommend using those roster spots on skaters if possible.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks mate,

I have about 90 skaters in my minors also and in a 24 team league there are absolutely no good or even average prospects left on the open market. I'd like to know the value of these guy so I can either keep them for a few years or package them in trades to upgrade my starting lineup, there are a few GMs interested in a few of these guys, mostly Aittokallio, Mahalak and Iilahti

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    Thanks mate,

I have about 90 skaters in my minors also and in a 24 team league there are absolutely no good or even average prospects left on the open market. I'd like to know the value of these guy so I can either keep them for a few years or package them in trades to upgrade my starting lineup, there are a few GMs interested in a few of these guys, mostly Aittokallio, Mahalak and Iilahti
    I suggest you target a skater prospect or a prospect upgrade elsewhere on the roster. In such a deep league I definitely suggest combining prospects to upgrade. I would much rather develop two NHLers than 20 AHLers.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

If there are trades open to you using any of these goalies, I would look into them. Don't see NHL upside in any of them tbh....maybe Gaduychenko but he's a lower draft pick still playing in Russia, it's tough to get those guys to come over. I do like Aittokallio and he might have some upside but it's not a sure enough thing to even bother holding onto them.

So ya if you can upgrade your skater (or even your goalie) prospects I would definitely do so.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar