Thread: Help me with keepers.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by fastdogs View Post
    In a 16 team 10 keeper league, in theory each team should have:
    1 top 16 player
    2 top 32 players
    3 top 48 players
    4 top 64 players...and so on.
    you have at least 11top 50 players according to the espn early top 250 rankings. In all the years (more than 10)I've played in keeper leagues no 1 has ever had 11 top 50 guys assembled. You might have got unlucky in the playoffs, but I'll bet you had the best record in the league by a wide margin.
    You like to get 3 or 4 guys that would be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds in a new draft. you have 8. I may not know anything about your league, but I know a monster dynasty squad when I see 1.
    You are right, I did finish way ahead. Without Crawford and Hanley doing much of anything. Hardy stepped up huge for hanley. McCutchen I added in a trade. Bumgarner as well. I drafted Lance Berkman and was able to get a nice package for him when he was stinking hot. Vmart didn't have a great start no power. My aces weren't true aces...Votto did not have the season he had year before. Pedroia was hurt for a while. Who knew frenchy francoeur and Gordon were going to be studs for me too.

I have a trade partner lined up to land Longoria. Do you guys think its wise to move Lester AND either crawford or Vmart for him?

Who should I try to trade him to land Longoria? I'm thinking now I WON'T keep Crawford.

McCutchen and Vmart slightly ahead. So either Crawford and Vmart for lOngoria or lester and one of them
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

To note why I do get 15 others interested...besides the fact that some other teams are pretty damn good too is that we have the money well distributed. 2 division winners get money, wild card winner, champion and runner up. This year, 5 different people won money.
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol

is bumgarner and crawford fair value for longria?
    actually i might aswell make it one of vmart, mccutchor lester sine i cant keepem.
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol

Dobber Sports Prodigy

your guys are so closely ranked, any of them make sense for you; you could even keep Bum w/o really hurting your keepers much; or drop Bum and hope he makes it to your 1st pick. I like McCutchen alot, but whatever deal he wants bringing you Longoria is a winner

Quote Originally Posted by fastdogs View Post
    your guys are so closely ranked, any of them make sense for you; you could even keep Bum w/o really hurting your keepers much; or drop Bum and hope he makes it to your 1st pick. I like McCutchen alot, but whatever deal he wants bringing you Longoria is a winner
    Yeah I have soooo much depth now and SOOOO much time before spring training...with no draft pick trading I'm thinking more and more about upgrading. NOT many upgrades for me out there besides Kershaw, braun and that owner won't move them. Halladay and Bautista owner COULD use the depth from a trade with me. Then there is Longoria.
    what about Carlos Santana?? I would think he's hardly worth upgrading instead of longoria or the other 2.

I think I will start with Crawford and Vmart for Longoria. I hate getting rid of Vmart cause of his 540 AB's...and 100RBI's at a stupidly thin position but...Longoria is YOUNG and it may be smart for me to keep 4 stud pitchers with 6 hitters. Bautista and halladay are an option, that would take Lester and McCutchen++ or something.
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol

accepted. longoria for my vmart and crawford.
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    accepted. longoria for my vmart and crawford.
    Nicely done!!!

flipped lester, bummy, and gordon for verlander to a weak owner.
    big price but couldnt keep them anyway and i dont want my competitors having bummy when he,s a top 10!
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol