Thread: So Frustrated with with pitchers - help!

Default So Frustrated with with pitchers - help!

Hey guys,

Im absolutely fed up with my pitchers (see sig below)! They are inconsistent and as a result its hard to play them every week. Am i overreacting or should i make some moves? To make matters worse reports are now saying Buchholz might be done for the season as well as JJ.

1. who to cut?

2. Available on the WW are:

a. all top pitching prospects except for matt moore and Julio teheran (so shelby miller, jacob turner, martin perez, taillon, skaggs, banuelos, kelly, odorizzi, jarrod parker, montgomery, betances, carlos martinez, pomeranz, wheeler, gibson, oliver etc)

b. other pitchers include: holland, white, masterson, t.hudson, worley, danks, luebke, e. santana, kuroda, matusz, drabek, floyd, crow (who will be in the rotation next year), norris, leake, wood, gee, cobb, burnett, c. carpenter, duffy etc.

c. I am also potentially looking for a future closer to replace salas as every day I wake up and for some reason he seems to be in jeopardy of losing his job so possibilities include guys like bard, guerra, marshall, mcgee, soriano, adams, parnell, venters etc. This isnt pressing as im dead last in saves.

I know this is asking for a lot but god damm i just want some pitchers that could turn into something good lol (so basically Im not necessarily looking for guys to step up right away but rather guys who should be stepping up soon and who have a good chance of panning out big time).

Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Recruit

You've got several quality arms in Hellickson, Bumgarner, Johnson, Storen and Pineda. You mentioned this is a full keeper league, so I'd be dropping Garza for Shelby Miller and Baker for Jameson Taillon. Then your pitching is pretty good in my mind, lots of young guys that have star potential. Also, why do you have David Aardsma? Consider stashing a guy like Chamberlain or Soriano? Your RP's are pretty darn good but Adams is a guy you might want to drop because he's probably not taking Neftali's job but wait until you know if he is or is not the closer for the Rangers. If he isn't, I would grab Daniel Bard as he's the clear cut closer when Papelbon is done in Boston.

how far away is taillon and miller from the big show in your opinion?

and thx a lot man! great advice

Dobber Sports Rookie

Miller will be up before Taillon. Would drop Hellickson for Miller if you really wanted to, but I'm holding on to Garza personally.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Rookie

From the pitchers already available i really like these guys

Luebke great park and has decent strikeout totals i think this guy could be an ace for the padres.

E santana good stuff will get great strikeout totals and decent wins

Holland good strikeout but not really consistent some games he gets lit up

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by EXPOS4EVER View Post
    how far away is taillon and miller from the big show in your opinion?

and thx a lot man! great advice
    I think Miller will be in the rotation next year if not the year after. Taillon is probably two years away but he should be ready by that time. I like Luebke and Holland but I'm not sure who you'd drop to pick any of those guys up. If you feel like dropping Garza for Holland is a good move go ahead and do it, but I'm not sure I would.

i have always been scared to drop garza to be honest (he is very inconsistent but can be very dominant - see last night) so I was thinking more of the following:

Adams for miller - I do not believe adams will be closing games for TX (unless someone has found otherwise) and if thats the case he pointless in my league.

Salas for Bard - I'd only make this swap once its confirmed that Salas is out as the closer and based on the past couple of games this might appear to be slowly happening. So the question becomes: is he worth holding if he loses the gig.

Baker for Holland - why all the hype around Baker? yes he's good but is he really that good long term / wouldnt i be better off taking a risk on a younger guy ala holland, Luebke etc? Who would I be better off with Holland or Luebke?

thanks again guys!

Dobber Sports Recruit

i have always been scared to drop garza to be honest (he is very inconsistent but can be very dominant - see last night) so I was thinking more of the following:

Adams for miller - I do not believe adams will be closing games for TX (unless someone has found otherwise) and if thats the case he pointless in my league.

Salas for Bard - I'd only make this swap once its confirmed that Salas is out as the closer and based on the past couple of games this might appear to be slowly happening. So the question becomes: is he worth holding if he loses the gig.

Baker for Holland - why all the hype around Baker? yes he's good but is he really that good long term / wouldnt i be better off taking a risk on a younger guy ala holland, Luebke etc? Who would I be better off with Holland or Luebke?

thanks again guys!
    Adams for Miller and Baker for Holland I would definitely support. I really can't fathom why Daniel Bard is available but I think you have to pick him up here. One more question, is that Daniel Hudson on your team or Tim Hudson? If its Tim, I'd drop him for Bard. If not, I would look into a two for one trade in order to pick up Bard.

its Daniel Hudson and unfortunately its impossible to trade in this league unless you're ok with absolutely getting trade raped.

However I have been trying. Two guys I have been targeting of late are Matt Moore and Tommy Hanson. The Hanson owner wants my Castro for sure but what should I add to make this trade happen? and as for Moore what do you think would be a fair offer?

Also on a side note I have CarGo coming off DL soon and will need to drop one of the following three: Maybin, Beltran or D. Brown. Im leaning towards Maybin or Beltran. OR i drop both and would then be able to pick up Bard.

thoughts?

Dobber Sports Recruit

its Daniel Hudson and unfortunately its impossible to trade in this league unless you're ok with absolutely getting trade raped.

However I have been trying. Two guys I have been targeting of late are Matt Moore and Tommy Hanson. The Hanson owner wants my Castro for sure but what should I add to make this trade happen? and as for Moore what do you think would be a fair offer?

Also on a side note I have CarGo coming off DL soon and will need to drop one of the following three: Maybin, Beltran or D. Brown. Im leaning towards Maybin or Beltran. OR i drop both and would then be able to pick up Bard.

thoughts?
    Acquiring Hanson would be a terrific move for you. He's 24 and already one of the best pitchers (top 10-20), he'll only get better. As odd as it might sound, I'd drop Carlos Beltran to activate Carlos Gonzalez. Maybin and Brown are guys you want to hang on to in a full keeper. Matt Moore would probably take Shelby Miller plus something and I'd be willing to do that if I were you. Plus you've got Asdrubal Cabrera who you can slot in at IF or SS and in general IF's are easy to find.

For hanson he wants Castro + OF (and not granderson, brown or maybin so Mccut, CarGo or Kemp)

Doubt id part with Kemp but tough to give one of these guys away.

thoughts?

any advice as to the trade?

hanson imo is a solid buy low candidate.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Castro for Hanson straight up should be fair, and wouldn't budge unless he's willing to add an outfield. Consider updating your trading block and add Castro in there to help facilitate the trade.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Rookie

I don't know if its H2H or Roto but either way I wouldn't give up Kemp, especially if its the latter. He's gold, solid provider all around even in an 8 team league. Keep him for sure.
    I'm trying for Hanson in my league as well but even then there's only so much I'll give up.
    If he really needs a SS you can always mention that point as well .