Thread: Martin or Suzuki...

Dobber

Default Martin or Suzuki...

Why do so many people own Martin? He's been crap all year. The only reason I've kept him for so long.

But it will be time to drop a catcher when Lester is off DL Monday. I could drop someone else, but I don't want to. But JJ Hardy is an option (O. Cabrera currently on bench).

So who would you go with Martin or Suzuki? Currently, Martin is at nearly double the owns on ESPN

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Dobber, I go with Martin here as he still plays for the Yanks and will put up numbers while Suzuki plays for the A's........ enough said.
    14 H2H team dynasty, start 4C, 8W, 6D and 1G

G, A, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, H+B, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%

C - Tavares, Eriksson Ek, Frost, Geekie
    W - Skinner, Kreider, Sharangovich, Stone, Robertson, Hagel, Tolvanen
    D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith
    G - Sparks, Petersen

Dobber

Suzuki's numbers are better though, and we're 100 games in. The trend alone is telling me Martin is useless, even if he was on the Yanks. Don't you think? A great team should only carry so much clout

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Russell Martin had a nice start to the year, but he has hit under .200 since the start of June and he has just 20 RBIs since the start of May. Oh, and he has 4 extra-base hits in his past 111 at-bats.

Kurt Suzuki used to be an up-and-coming catcher, but he's been a little disappointing since his breakout year of 2009 (15 home runs, 88 RBIs in 148 games). The A's have been playing Landon Powell at catcher in an effort to keep Suzuki fresh, and Oakland sometimes uses Kurt at designated hitter. He suffered a terrible June (.157 average and .521 OPS) and his July has not been much better (.225 average and .609 OPS). That being said, I'd still go with him over Russell Martin.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Both hitting the ball pretty hard, but Suzuki really doesn't have true homerun power, especially in a pitcher's park like Oakland hence the poor batting average. A lot of his line drives just turn into outs.

Martin at least plays in a friendlier hitting park and has a little more upside I would think.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Martin isn't great at all but he's more fantasy friendly than Suzuki.