Thread: Buying low on Posey

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Buying low on Posey

I'm trying to trade for buster in my keeper pool as I've fallen behind this year and have strasburg on the DL till next year anyway. I want to trade Jonathan Sanchez, but I was wondering how much more I should/could give to still get him as a keeper. I was thinking my J.Sanchez + K.Morales for his B.Posey + M.Bumgarner/E.Santana/R.Wolf.... though theres no guarantee these would be accepted. Thoughts?
    10-Team Keeper League, H2H - (keepers are in brackets, along with the round they are 'kept' in)
    G/A/+-/PPP/GWG, W/SV%/GAA/SO

3C- Matthews (1)
    3LW -
    3RW - Draisatl (18), Rantanen (18)
    3D -
    2G - Hart (18), Dubnyk (18)
    5Bn -

Dobber Sports Rookie

This is exactly the kind of thing you need to do in keeper leagues, especially in deeper leagues. Find an injured player that's gone for the rest of the year, and target those players. Owners, especially if they are in contention are more apt to make a trade.

Jonathan Sanchez won't do it, but perhaps giving him a replacement for Posey as well would do it.

Try Sanchez + Napoli for Posey and maybe a young inconsistent arm. Otherwise maybe post his lineup and we'll see if there's something else there.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Just to give you an idea, here is a trade I just completed in a 20 man keeper league.

Gave: Buster Posey, Gordon Beckham, Zach Britton and Hunter Pence
    Got: Adrian Gonzalez, Jay Bruce and Brandon Morrow

I was very happy, tough to give up Britton as the add on piece but I get two elite hitters and one who is a young power bat. In a 20 team keeper league my keepers are now Adrian Gonzalez, Evan Longoria, Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce, Josh Beckett and Jered Weaver. Right now Strasburg is up in the air as a keeper, depends how he recovers and then I'll decide if I want to keep him over Beckett. I'd encourage you to buy low, but don't expect his owner to sell him cheap.