Thread: Audit the Leaders

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Audit the Leaders

To my own surprise, my team in SIG has been in 1st place since Easter. I honestly thought I had an average-team, at best... very surprised to this point in the year. Followed some good DobberBaseball tips on pitching and it has worked out well.

Current Standings
    PLACE......R...HR...RBI...SB...AVG......W...SV...K ...ERA...WHIP...Total
    1st(me)....9....10....6.....8......5.......11...4. ..11...10.....11........85pts
    2nd............................................... ...................................68.5pts

Assets:
    I have a very healthy lead in W (37 vs. 29,29,28...)
    I have a very healthy lead in K (448 vs. 359,355,355...)
    And I'm 30.0 IP over projections to 1600 IP.

Improvements:
    I'm chasing a few in SB (58,50,50,49,48,42...)
    I'm chasing a few in AVG (....269, .261, .261, .259, .255...)
    I'm being chased in SV (...30, 25, 22, 18, 17...)

Question: Do any of the following waiver wire players provide an upgrade?
    *Denard Span, MIN (OF)
    *Adam Kennedy, SEA (1B, 2B, 3B)
    *Elliott Johnson, TB (SS, OF)
    *Corey Patterson, TOR (OF)
    *Juan Rivera, TOR (1B, OF)
    *Eric Hinske, ATL (1B, OF)

re: Saves
    There is nothing on our waiver wire for guys closing right now.
    *Any closer situations in jeopardy right now?
    *Which SP could I entertain trading away - and what sort of RP should I be able to get in return?

I would try to package your lower end pitchers for something better like hudson and morrow for a top 20 pitcher. If a team is thin in SP it would make sense. For you, if you are projected to go 30 over, it would be better to get innings from a much better pitcher and a high end middle relevier. A middle releiver can win 5-10 games, get 5-10 saves and get great K rates in only 60-80 innings instead of getting only 10 wins from a starter that pitches twice as many innings.

At this point Bloomquist is no longer a hot hand, and i would dump him for just about anyone who could help you or trade a starter for a better OF.

Your 1b is really weak, in an 11 team league cuddyer is not a servicable 1b, he is worth sliding into a number of other slots but not the power hungry 1b.

Chipper will get hurt, so be wary and see if you can get a more durable player with similar upside for him now (since you can move prado to 3rd, you can take a 1b back)

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks Jim!

Dobber Sports Rookie

You're in need of some stolen bases and your UTIL spots are pretty thin. Why not offer Brandon Morrow to a team for someone starting off slowly like Shin-Soo Choo or Alex Rios?
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Novice

I may try that.
    There is another team in our Dobber NOOBs league that has a ton of hitting & needs pitching. We may work out a trade together. I will see what he thinks. (See Trading Section)