Thread: V-Mart+1st Rd Pick for Buchholz and/or Pagan,Napoli,V. Wells for A. Ramirez,Bailey

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default V-Mart+1st Rd Pick for Buchholz and/or Pagan,Napoli,V. Wells for A. Ramirez,Bailey

Hello all once again!

I am currently in 17th place and lately my team has been crapping the bed! I know its only a couple weeks in but seriously!!! Anyway I have been offered these two trades by different teams! I am wondering if any of these will improve my team or if I should just hold still.

First offer:
    His Pagan (6) V. Wells (31) Napoli (8) for my A. Ramirez (26) H. Bailey (6)

Second Offer:
    His V. Mart (28) + 1st Rd. Pick for Buchholz (8)

Any ideas and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    Sal:$1000
    PPG,PPA,G,A,PTS,SOG,PIM,+/-,GAA,S,S%,W
    F-Keller(42)Larkin(70)Zibanejed(102)Dvorak(20)RNH(11 4)Zacha(20)Seguin(20)PKane(220)Trochek(40)
    D-Theodore(20)TSmith(20)Hronek(38)Giordano(82)Lundkv ist(1)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    R-MAF(20)Meier(29)Backstrom(1)Krebs(1)Radulov(75)Per unovich(1)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    Sal:$300
    A5 G5 DG5 GWG10 PIM1 PPP5 SHOG5 SOG1
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    C-Barkov(65)Kuznetsov(15)Petterssen(8)
    LW-Ehlers(27)Panarin(27)Raymond(1)
    RW-Konecny(9)Hoffman(14)Kempe(1)
    D-Werenski(17)Klinger(46)Girard(8)TSmith(1)Yandle(22 )
    G-Saros(6)
    R-Turcotte(1)Holtz(1)Bean(1)Norris(5)Comtois(5)Roman ov(5)Addison(1)WEklund(1)

Dobber Sports Rookie

The V-Mart offer is fair, but there's no indication that Clay Buchholz is on his way to breakign out and being a huge asset to your team.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by josofosky View Post
    Hello all once again!

I am currently in 17th place and lately my team has been crapping the bed! I know its only a couple weeks in but seriously!!! Anyway I have been offered these two trades by different teams! I am wondering if any of these will improve my team or if I should just hold still.

First offer:
    His Pagan (6) V. Wells (31) Napoli (8) for my A. Ramirez (26) H. Bailey (6)

Second Offer:
    His V. Mart (28) + 1st Rd. Pick for Buchholz (8)

Any ideas and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!
    I just want to be sure, you would be giving up Martinez, Buchholz and the 1st round pick? If so, I wouldn't do either of these deals. Pagan, Napoli, Ramirez and Wells are all replaceable and don't have a whole lot of value. Andrew Bailey is the best player you're getting here, while trading away three top values in the pick, Buchholz (despite his slow start) and especially Martinez. I don't like either for these deals, I would hold on to V-Mart for sure.

I hope that helps

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Longoria4MVP View Post
    I just want to be sure, you would be giving up Martinez, Buchholz and the 1st round pick? If so, I wouldn't do either of these deals. Pagan, Napoli, Ramirez and Wells are all replaceable and don't have a whole lot of value. Andrew Bailey is the best player you're getting here, while trading away three top values in the pick, Buchholz (despite his slow start) and especially Martinez. I don't like either for these deals, I would hold on to V-Mart for sure.

I hope that helps
    Wait...if you're the one getting V Mart plus a 1st for Bucholz I say yes, do that now. But you need another starter somewhere. Billingsley, Gallardo and JZim aren't going to cut it. Who's out there? I bet there's not much...

Also, Longo I think he's talking about Homer Bailey...not Andrew Still not a huge fan of that 1st trade though.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Wait...if you're the one getting V Mart plus a 1st for Bucholz I say yes, do that now. But you need another starter somewhere. Billingsley, Gallardo and JZim aren't going to cut it. Who's out there? I bet there's not much...

Also, Longo I think he's talking about Homer Bailey...not Andrew Still not a huge fan of that 1st trade though.
    Yeah I'm a little confused, he needs to clear this up before I add any information.

Dobber Sports Recruit

i think he's getting pagan, wells and napoli in the first trade. then v mart and 1st in the 2nd trade. just by him saying HIS in front of those players and him having all the other players. my guess anyways. i dunno wat i would do for either trade. prob say no to the 1st and probably say yes to the 2nd.

Sorry about the late response guys!

I would be getting V-Mart and 1st pick!

Cobb is correct it is Homer Bailey and Aramis Ramirez that I would trade for HIS Pagan, Wells an Napoli!

I like the deal of getting V-Mart and 1st for Buchholz! The biggest problem is salary! I am at $290 of $300. I would need to drop at least a $10 player to be at or below $300. The players considered would be Carlos Pena or Garret Jones!
    My replacement pitcher if I did this deal would be Homer Bailey coming off the DL! I would then need to drop someone to bring Homer Bailey off the DL!

Hopefully this clears things up!
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    F-Keller(42)Larkin(70)Zibanejed(102)Dvorak(20)RNH(11 4)Zacha(20)Seguin(20)PKane(220)Trochek(40)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    G-Saros(6)

Dobber Sports Rookie

OH, if you're getting V-Mart then hell yes I'd make that deal. Why not see if he'd take Pena back? Or if you drop Pena outright do you gain $14 back? If that's the case then I'd drop Buerhle at $31.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

He has no interest in Pena! Yes if I dropped Pena I would get $14 back!
    If I were to drop Buehrle it would deplete my pitching even though I know he is not helping my pitching categories out!
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    G-Saros(6)

I put Pena on the block to shed some salary. Would MY Carlos Pena for His Matt Harrison be a smart move or I may be able to trade Carlos Pena for his 2nd rd pick (roughly middle of the pack in the 2nd rd)!

I figure this would work, as I lose Buchholz and gain V-Mart and a 1st pick and then get a replacement pitcher in Harrison allowing me to get under the salary cap.

Let me know if I am crazy in thinking this!
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    G-Saros(6)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Has the V-Mart trade been made yet? On second thought, think I'd actually think twice about this deal. The 1st round pick is awfully tempting however. How many years left with V-Mart?
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by josofosky View Post
    He has no interest in Pena! Yes if I dropped Pena I would get $14 back!
    If I were to drop Buehrle it would deplete my pitching even though I know he is not helping my pitching categories out!
    I agree with that, take the V-Mart deal and drop Buehrle. I guarantee you I can find some SP that will provide better stats than him, he's pretty bad.

goldfish47

Take the V-Mart deal, and figure ot the rest as you need to.

If you're going to drop Pena anyway, then Pena for Harrison makes some sense. Harrison stinks, but he's not as bad as his last start.

I am guessing RenatC is spam or I don't understand what that means. Clarify please!

So I moved Pena($14) for Trumbo($2). This trade cleared up salary space to do the V-Mart, 1st rd pick for Buchholz deal.

I now have V-Mart, Trumbo and 1st rd pick for Buccholz and Carlos Pena.

Hopefully it all pans out for me!

Thanks for all the help guys!
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    G-Saros(6)