Thread: Buehrle

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Buehrle

Hey guys,

I am in a 12 man 5x5 roto league and have Buehrle. The main reason I took him was to get some wins, b/c I figured chi sox would be putting up lots of runs, as they are. But, his numbers through two starts are killing me era and whip, plus he puts little k's up.

I either have to dump him or Dallas Braden who appears to have better era and whip but not much run support. Also not a big K guy.

Roto for the year drop Buehrle or Braden? Or are they still decent guys to keep?

Dobber Sports Recruit

I made the decision I was done with Buerhle a few years ago, aside from those no hitters the past few years, he's been mediocre at best. I don't think I would take Braden, but there must be some other guys available. Is Kyle Drabek available?

Dobber Sports Rookie

There's a saying in fantasy baseball - pay for the skills, not the wins and this is a good reason why. A pitcher can get lucky with an offensive team putting up enough wins for them to get the win, but at the same time if he's not putting up enough strikeouts or worse, not putting up enough strikeouts and a flyball pitcher then most often they'll do more harm than good.

Braden has more upside than Buerhle, which isn't very much. You're in a 12 team league so there should be a lot of high K pitchers still available.

Feel free to tell us who's on the wire so we can help you get your team back on track.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Stud

There is not a whole lot available. I may drop one or both for some potential closers (f.francisco and/or walden) and then trade them for a decent starter once they secure CP, but I may lose out to those guys b/c of my rank in standings.
    Not a whole lot on ww, Francis, Correia, Hunter, Guthrie, Peavy (who I'm sure will be taken), Happ, Kuo.
    Not a lot. I need k's already!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    There is not a whole lot available. I may drop one or both for some potential closers (f.francisco and/or walden) and then trade them for a decent starter once they secure CP, but I may lose out to those guys b/c of my rank in standings.
    Not a whole lot on ww, Francis, Correia, Hunter, Guthrie, Peavy (who I'm sure will be taken), Happ, Kuo.
    Not a lot. I need k's already!
    Grab Walden for sure, none of those SP are very good anyway.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Longoria4MVP View Post
    I made the decision I was done with Buerhle a few years ago
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Longoria4MVP View Post
    Grab Walden for sure, none of those SP are very good anyway.
    And this