Thread: Questions about a couple Pitchers.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Questions about a couple Pitchers.

I have a few questions and was looking for your guys input. I'm going to be annoying with questions this year but I'm hoping it'll make me a valuable member of this community for years to come.

I'm in the 1 year league in my sig and was wondering your thoughts on a couple pitchers:

Aroldis Chapman - I drafted him, hoping he'd be a valuable piece of my team but am realizing that he will most likely be a set up man this year. With my pitching stats, is it worth owning him in a 1 year league or should I go after another starter?

Kyle Drabek - Can this kid produce decent stats this year or is he not worth a 1 year league roster spot?

Madison Bumgarner - Hot last year, unowned in my league this year. Did something happen to him to sour owners?

Johnny Cueto/Bronson Arroyo - Both unowned in my league, the Reds look like they are going to content again, should they be owned?

That's it, Thanks in advance!!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Aroldis chapman has value in that he'll help your ratios, especially in a roto league where there is a max innings cap. He'll post 100+ strikeouts in limited innings.

Drabek has the upside to win rookie of the year, but you need to pick up Bumgarner. He could enter elite territory as soon as this year.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Aroldis chapman has value in that he'll help your ratios, especially in a roto league where there is a max innings cap. He'll post 100+ strikeouts in limited innings.

Drabek has the upside to win rookie of the year, but you need to pick up Bumgarner. He could enter elite territory as soon as this year.
    A Sanchez the drop for Bumgarner?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Killer67 View Post
    A Sanchez the drop for Bumgarner?
    Yeah, then drop Scott for Drabek.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Pineda is available as well...

Dobber Sports Rookie

Scott would be a good candidate to drop. He's a very streaky hitter, so you can pick him up when you see him with two homeruns in as many games. Could also choose to drop Beltran for him, or use Beltran to pick up another pitcher. It's not like you can play your bats right now over your starting core.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec