Thread: Neftali Feliz - Officially a Closer in 2011

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Neftali Feliz - Officially a Closer in 2011

http://twitter.com/JeffWilson_FWST/s...87297881075712

And from Rotoworld.com

"Neftali Feliz will remain at closer for the Rangers this season.

And fantasy baseball's biggest question is finally answered. We can't blame the Rangers for giving Feliz a look in the starting rotation, as he has the stuff to be an ace in the long-term, but the 22-year-old right-hander will likely provide more value from a fantasy perspective as a closer this season. In fact, he's the top option at closer in Rotoworld's Online Draft Guide. The decision means that Tommy Hunter, Derek Holland and Matt Harrison will take the final three spots in the Texas starting rotation"

Dobber

Nice scoop. That was the big storyline of the fantasy world, it seemed. I think it's the wrong move, but whatev

Dobber Sports Recruit

I just wish I knew before I drafted in one of my leagues yesterday

Dobber Sports Recruit

I think its the right decision to be honest.
    Neftali is absolutely dominant as a closer, why mess with success?
    If they had given him the whole off-season to stretch his arm out I'd be fine with him starting, but this will benefit the Rangers in my opinion. This isn't something that they thought about overnight, it was months of debate by the organization.

GBThrasher

I drafted him as a closer in my Yahoo league, so I'm glad it is now official! He will finish in the top-5 closer this summer, keep an eye on him!