Thread: who would YOU start

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default who would YOU start

Need to start 1 of these 3. The two teams I\'m facing have 11 and 10 starts. If I start zito I will have 9.

Shane Loux ANA @ OAK Dallas Braden (05/10)
    vs. KC
    Kyle Davies

Josh Geer SD vs. COL Aaron Cook (05/10)
    @ HOU
    Roy Oswalt

or zito @ LA

other crappy 2 start options are
    carreia,Eaton, moehler and JEFF Weaver.

I could go a 2nd closer instead but...wuerth? Hawkins or Aardsma...

p.s. if anyone cares to comment on a trade I just made, feel free. I trade Downs and Manny for Hamilton. buy low...but he\'s probably 7th on my keeper list and manny was more like 11-12
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Rookie

In a keeper league, that trade is pretty good. Not sure if you bought low, but in the long run, you obviously benefit.

As for the starters to start - if you had to go with one, Barry Zito. Never thought I\'d say that.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Zito faces billingsley is the only reason i thought of sitting him. I could use the extra start from Geer...its borderline decision for me.

Hamilton has started slow. (the guy offered it to me and I rushed as fast as I could to accept)
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Recruit

yeah I am not sold on Zito. I would go with Geer. Geer started 2 games against colorado last year and had some success: 1-1, 10 IP, 3ER, 10Ks, 2.70 ERA, 1.60 WHIP, .256 Opp BA... the WHIPs a little high but decent number\'s other than that. It helps that the game is not in Colorado too. Houston\'s bats have been struggling so I would take the gamble of starting him against them if you want that extra start.