Thread: Wieters

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Wieters

When do you think this kid will be called up this year. I\'m pretty sure by this time last year, Longoria was already up.

What do you think his value is in a 1-year league

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Wieters

I believe he can\'t be called up for 6-8 weeks to avoid him being eligible for \"super two\" status, which allows the Orioles to save money.

Definition of \"Super Two\":

A player can be classified as a \"Super Two\" and be eligible for arbitration with less than three years of service. A player with at least two but less than three years of Major League service shall be eligible for salary arbitration if he has accumulated at least 86 days of service during the immediately preceding season and he ranks in the top 17 percent in total service in the class of Players who have at least two but less than three years of Major League service, however accumulated, but with at least 86 days of service accumulated during the immediately preceding season.

Source - http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/pa/info/faq.jsp
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

rwthompson

Default Wieters

He be up next month,it was purly a financial move by Baltimore!It gives them another year of control over his $$$

He is worth the wait for sure!B)

Default Wieters

I just picked him up after some impatient dolt dropped him in my league! God bless Yahoo public leagues :P

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Wieters

4 Horsemen that is crazy!

Wieters will be up soon enough and will probably do well.

jbloom19 is that why your catcher slot is empty?

Default Wieters

Good point Cheese......jbloom, did I steal your Wieters? :P

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Wieters

hahah No, I drafted R. Hernandez, and after a short stint i\'m now rostering Yadier Molina. Someone in my 1-year league just dropped him and thats why I was wonderin when he\'ll be up so I can jump onto that train.