Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nash for 1st Pick

aaron898

Default Could you rate my team...I\'m new to fantsy Basebal

Hi there, I appreciated the help with my 4th overall pick...now if you could rate my team/constructively criticize where I must improve.
    Stat Cats are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

C: Shoppach
    1B: Dunn
    2B: B. Roberts
    3B: Wright
    SS: Greene
    CI: Wigginton
    MI: Barmes
    OF: Manny Ramirez, Torii Hunter, Ankiel
    Util: Delmon Young, Juan Pierre, Mike Jacobs
    Bench: Eric Byrnes, Chris Snyder

SP: Volquez, Ervin Santana, Sheets, Maine, Edwin Jackson(got a TIGER!!)
    RP: F-Rod, Bucholz, Coke, Morrow
    P: Porcello(my future TIGER!!!), Arroyo, Zito

Just looking for any input, really new to fantasy baseball, but I love the sport. Thanks!

rwthompson

Looks like you did ok,not sure how many teams are in your league? You are aware Sheets is out for the season?Ok in a keeper league,just DL him asap and grab another closer!You should be able to find one like I explained in your other thread

I\'m not big on using a roster spot for a 2nd catcher,it would be better served for another SP or RP for hold/saves!
    Maybe I\'m getting old,but not sure who Coke is?:blush:Besides I\'m partial to BEER!:woohoo:

Also I\'m not big on J.Pierre,think he\'s a wasted spot.You need another infielder/Utl.guy with 2 spots devoted to MI and CI! check out Lopez or Schumaker both lead off hitters for potent teams and Schuy will be 2nd base eligible soon.And Greene is looking good in his new home,but he\'s been inconsistent on a consistent basis!So a little insurance couldn\'t hurt.

Just my .02cents,I\'m sure others will see some more areas for improvment,Good Luck!B)

aaron898

Gracias! I will check into some of your suggestions. Its a 15 team Keeper. Anyways.....Coke is NYY RP. Supposedly may be the go to Lefty RP instead of Marte....just something I read, so I figured he may be worth a pick up

rwthompson

Cool Beans Sunny,I thought it was sombodies nickname:unsure: Thanks for the tip,he looks promising 1k per
    set-up guy!
    Karma 2 ya,for that!L8erB)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

good choice on your 4th pick --- but all along i was telling you to select Miguel cabrera!!! lol j/k

Definately some weak spots; some are directly related to being in a keeper leaue:
    1) I\'d look to reduce the overall age in the OF
    2) Watching Dunn play D at the WBC - I\'d be worried about his 1B eligibility (although a crowded OF in Wsh could save that for him)
    3) Barmes/Wigginton as my CI/MI combo - a little scarry - but not all that bad for a 15 team league I suppose.
    4) Would like to see one more decent RP for Svs in your bullpen.

Certainly not all negative! You have a fantastic 3Ber! Some good young arms in Voloquez/Santana, you will need some help from Maine this season to get through.

Hrmm Porcello getting drafted...
    - any other minor leaguers get drafted? I might be looking at a few for my bench if there is room (or a farm team).

Note: I\'m not sure if Sheets will be eligable for DL if he\'s not signed (or did I miss his signing)

Good Luck!

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think you\'re missing a few pieces with this team. I don\'t mind your overall age of your OF as you have Delmon ready to take the reins (will he ever live up to his hype?).

- I do think you\'re missing a few big boppers.
    - I\'m concerned about your starters - you have 3 guys that are currently injured. Ervin Santana\'s injury scares me. I\'m also concerned about Sheet\'s injury and him being proned to injury.
    - I think Zito is WW material. I also think Coke is for now.

I don\'t think you\'re team will qualify for the playoffs this year (if you\'re in a H2H league), and think you can do a few tweaks rebuilding your team.

Trade Manny. Don\'t put him up for sale, but look at teams with a couple young studs that have question marks - David Price, Yovani Gallardo, Nelson Cruz, and see if you can work out a 2-1 deal, with you getting 2 prospects back. You want 2 prospects already playing for their prospective teams.

Trade Francisco Rodriguez for a couple top prospects already playing in the majors. F-Rod\'s value will never be higher than now.

If you can\'t work out a deal, don\'t panic. Play out the first couple months, and re-evaluate your team, and try making trades again.

Good luck.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec