Thread: wich direction? (sorry bit long) Trade or go for

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default wich direction? (sorry bit long) Trade or go for

Hey guys just picked up this team and have little experience in this type league. h2h, 16 teams, daily roster changes, 7X7, 30 man rosters +25 man minors. $260 cap ( can exceeed cap by as much as we want during the season)

Start:C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, DH.
    10 P anywhere from 8 SP/2 RP to 2 SP/8 RP.

BA-HR-OBP-R-RBI-SB-TB
    ERA-HD-K-QS-S-(W-L)- WHIP

Starters:
    C-
    1B-P. Fielder 1B $18-4L
    3B-C. Jones 3B $21-2L
    CIF-
    2B-
    SS-
    MIF-
    OF-M. Ramirez OF $29-2
    OF-R. Ibanez OF $10-2
    OF-R. Ludwick OF $1-2
    OF-C. Hart OF $1s3
    OF-
    DH-

P-J. Beckett SP $19-3L
    P-R. Halladay SP $43-2
    P-D. Lowe SP $12-3L
    P-P. Maholm SP $1-2
    P-C. Lee SP $4-2
    P-J. Blanton SP $1-2
    P-M. Parra SP $1s3
    P-
    P-K.Gregg $1-2
    P-S.Downs $1s3

MInors:

Skipworth, Kyle C
    Iribarren, Hernan 2B
    Arias, Joaquin SS
    Brewer, Brent SS
    Escobar, Alcides SS
    Perez, Yohannis SS
    Cain, Lorenzo OF
    Escobar, Alex OF
    Gillespie, Cole OF
    Justin Ruggiano OF TB
    Nick Evans NYM 1B NYM
    Chris Carter (1B, BOS)

Cole Rohrbaugh, SP, ATL
    Savery, Joe SP
    Tata, Jordan SP
    Owens, Henry RP
    Villanueva, Carlos SP
    Deolis Guerra, P, MIN
    Fernando Salas P STL
    Casey Weathers (P, COL)

Total Salary=$163

The remaining $92 used to Auction to fill our rosters. It looks as though I could either attempt a run (no F.A\'s really) or try to trade my assets. I have 2 offers on the table:

Porcello(minor)/Carlos Gomez 1s3/Andrew McCutchen for: Beckett

He also have these players I like:

Joey Votto 1s3
    P- John Maine 1s2
    P- Jair Jurrjens 1s3
    P- Matt Garza 1s3
    P- Jensen Lewis 1s2
    Travis Snider
    Colby Rasmus

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Beckett offer isn\'t awful. Some years he will be great and others he will be very average. I do like the prospects involved in that trade but I think you could get a little more. Try substituting Snider or Votto in for Gomez. If he doesn\'t like that, then make it a four for one and have him throw in Rasmus or Garza. Beckett commands pretty good value so I would try something like that before giving him away for those youngsters. It is decent though if you want to rebuild.

As for the other deal, it is pretty bad. A bunch of junk for one of the best hitters in the game. Yeah he is old, but this year he showed he still has quite a bit in the tank.

I do think you should trade him, but you should at least get Votto in the deal and probably should get Snider and Garza/Rasmus as well.

I would throw a deal including all four of them for Manny at him and see how he reacts. If he reacts like it is possible, then maybe we knock one player out for a lesser and we have something. Start him high and work down. Still, you at least need a couple stud prospects to give up Manny.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Also look to trade Chipper Jones if someone is willing to pay significantly with talented rebuilding parts. If not, wait for him to start hitting like crazy next season early and trade him before he gets hurt again.

From the looks of your team, i think I would rebuild because your core is fairly old with Chipper, Manny and Ibanez and you are missing high-end talent at any of the three key fantasy positions (C, 2B, SS) so I\'m not sure you are ready to take it all. Still, his major league team doesn\'t look great either.

I would trade off those older players for high-end quantity... assuming you can keep a lot of players from year to year.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Recruit

I dunno. His team seems ok considering the other guys but I don\'t like owning guys like Chipper and Ibanez either. Their value is just decreasing. I would call it retooling not rebuilding.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Yeah so I skipped the manny deal and edited my post to remove it. I was think g maybe:

garza or Votto
    Mucutchen or rasmus
    Gomez