Thread: Niklas Backstrom next year

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Niklas Backstrom next year

Niklas Backstrom played a bit less because of injury but his GAA and SV% were pretty much right on his career average (2.43 ane 0.919). That puts him pretty much in the middle of starting goalies. He had 19 wins in 42 starts which pretty much reflects the 35 win team he plays for.

Any reason to expect anything different next year? Better or worse? Are Harding (assuming he resigns) or Hackett a threat to him at this stage?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Expect more of the same from him and the rest of the team. That's the best thing and the worse thing about MIN, nothing ever changes there.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think Harding will be back, but I also dont see Hackett as a threat, yet. Backstrom is still signed and will be the #1 there until his contract is up and he is gone. I truely believe they will have Hackett up as his backup next year, using Backstrom as a mentor to him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would expect #s like his 07-08 and 08-09 years, about a .920 sv% and 2.3 gaa. He did miss time due to injury but he also played through some of his injuries as well. I also would expect more wins from him as well. MN's wheels fell off after all the injuries that occurred to their team. With a lot of their prospects most likely turning pro next year they will have some adequate call-ups to fill for injuries compared to this last season where they were calling up guys like Chad Rau, Jeff Taffe, and you know its bad when you trade for Erik Christensen to try and fill some holes. I think we saw a glimpse of what this team can bring from the beginning months of the season and that only helps Backs #s because his worst numbers came at the end of the season. The key will be if Backs can stay healthy himself though.

If Harding can't find a #1 gig he will be back as a back-up otherwise Hackett will most likely be up. Either way I don't see either of them taking a lot of starts away from Backs unless Backs really falters early on. Hope that helps a little.