Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Jakob Silfverberg and Johan Larsson

Dobber Sports Veteran

I signed him in my dynasty in the middle of last season and am ecstatic at his progress. How do you guys think his game would work alongside Spezza long-term?
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    I signed him in my dynasty in the middle of last season and am ecstatic at his progress. How do you guys think his game would work alongside Spezza long-term?
    well I'm not sure if he will ever play on the first line with Spezza, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if they wanted to try. He works well along the boards and can work well with a playmate like Spezza. He played with Jarnkrok most of the time and he is a similar creative, playmaking centre. He's probably best suited for the second line, though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Silfverberg will be joining the Sens for game 6. I wonder if he gets into the lineup? Pretty excited to see this kid play.
    10 Team Pts Only Keeper

Dobber Sports Master

Will you people all just shut up about Silfverberg already?

How in the sweet merciful hell am I supposed to make him a great draft day keeper steal when the entire hockey world (except Tim Thomas) is pumping his tires?

A pox on you all!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Wow. Amazing all around goal with the way he knocked the puck down and brought it under control with his skate, then the shot was disgusting. Thanks for link.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Deity

I doubt he plays in round 1. he will probably practice with the team to get comfortable with the rink size and linemates. He will need a bit of transistion time before you see any results. I just dont see MacLean as the type of coach to throw this young kid to the wolves (ie the NY Rangers) without giving him the opportunity to adjust.

Keep in mind people, he is a 21 year old with zero NHL experience. The playoffs are probably the worst time to come in and try and learn the NHL game. Even if he does get in to a game, I would keep my expectations to a minimum.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Were he to play in the NHL playoffs this year, would that have implications to his contract? capgeek has him on a 3 year entry level deal starting in 2011/12 - I was hoping that might "slide" or whatever to next year if he doesn't play.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I doubt he plays in round 1. he will probably practice with the team to get comfortable with the rink size and linemates. He will need a bit of transistion time before you see any results. I just dont see MacLean as the type of coach to throw this young kid to the wolves (ie the NY Rangers) without giving him the opportunity to adjust.

Keep in mind people, he is a 21 year old with zero NHL experience. The playoffs are probably the worst time to come in and try and learn the NHL game. Even if he does get in to a game, I would keep my expectations to a minimum.
    Agree with everything you said, but his shot alone would just add another weapon to the team. But yes, I don't see him playing, especially if they win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Were he to play in the NHL playoffs this year, would that have implications to his contract? capgeek has him on a 3 year entry level deal starting in 2011/12 - I was hoping that might "slide" or whatever to next year if he doesn't play.
    His 1st year has already burned off this year, so it would have no implications. He will have 2 years left on his deal starting next year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Just a hunch, but he might get in the line-up as soon as he gets there, which would be on monday (if he arrives on time, Brynäs parade is on sunday). Alfredsson and Winchester are out, and last practice, Mark Stone was skating with Foligno and Turris... so there are not many offensive options right now. We'll see how the Sens line-up looks like tonight, might give a better indication of Maclean's intentions. Maybe Daugavins slides in, for his defensive abilities.

Silfverberg has a game that suits north-american hockey, very straightforward and energetic. Tim Murray, the assistant GM, told a Sens beat reporter a few weeks ago that Silfverberg would not have to modify his game a lot to adjust, he already plays like a North American. Bryan Murray also tried to convince him to stay at the beginning of the season. The GM felt he was ready to play in the NHL.

I'm not saying he'll have an immediate impact, but there are some signs indicating that he could play in this series.
    Last edited by rufio.85; April 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It appears Silfverberg will make his debut tonight (Stone to sit).

Dobber Sports Stud

Silfverberg, Stone and Butler will be game-time decision, according to Sylvain St-Laurent, Sens beat reporter. Alfredsson is a go tonight.

Silfverberg could be in even if Alfie plays, says a lot about how good the organisation thinks he is.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This could be an excellent opportunity to get the rookies some valuable playoff experience.

Dobber Sports Ace

Pumped to see him play if he is in fact in for tonight!
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Pro

Took his 1st penalty!
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Based on his play last night. I'd say Silfverberg is ready to take a regular top 6 shift in NHL come October, but he's definitely NOT ready to jump in to game 6 of a playoff matchup.