Thread: Neuvirth, Harding, Brodeur, Mason or Dubnyk???

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Neuvirth, Harding, Brodeur, Mason or Dubnyk???

My team is competitive in a 16-team league (not listed in sig). My current goalies are Miller and Neuvirth. I'm looking for next year (and possibly beyond). Are any of the available G worth picking up over Neuvirth? We can only have 2 on our roster.

Not that it really matters but I also have Bishop, Enroth and Bachman as prospects who I can hold until they reach 50 NHL games played (Enroth will likely hit that next year).

My thoughts are:

Neuvirth - will likely split time with Holtby in WAS next year. I don't see them bringing Vokoun back

Harding - should sign somewhere with the opportunity to be a starter (TB? TOR? CBJ?)

Brodeur - will be back for one more season as a starter. Not a great keeper in a full-dynasty league but may give me the most starts/pts next year.

Mason - I've always thought he would be good again, but this past season basically put that to rest (for me anyways). Not a big believer in him anymore.

Dubnyk - sounds like Khabby is coming back so likely split time with him.

Who do you pick and why?

Thanks in advance!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Giant

i like dubnyk the best but i dont think he gets enough starts as he will still be sharing time.-2 years away.
    i neuvirth, again sharing time, but i really do think the caps will be better next season.
    id go with harding id he signs somehere else.if not i would stiil probably take harding.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

For me, its between Dubnyk and Brodeur/Harding

If you can wait, take Dubnyk as I think he will be a great starter for a great team in years to come.
    If you think you can win it next year, Brodeur can help you do it. Or Harding if he goes to a team who need a starter badly has TB does.

I'm not a fan of Neuvirth (inconsistent and injury prone).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ok you guys have convinced me to drop Neuvirth and go with Harding. I can't wait on Dubnyk although I agree and think he'll be a solid starter in 2 years. I have a strong team that is ready to compete (I lost in the conference finals this year) so I'd rather get a guy who'll get me starts. Although Brodeur is a lock to be a starter next year (unlike the rest) he has very limited keeper value in our league where as Harding's value will skyrocket if he signs to be a starter somewhere this offseason.

The way I see it, for Harding:

Worts case scenario: He signs with a team who has a good starter and remains a backup. I'd just drop him and pick up one of the available guys listed above.

Best case: He signs with a team needing a starter and his value skyrockets.

Thanks!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Honestly if it were me I'd probably take Dubnyk.

Saw him play a few times near the end of the season and was really impressed with his game. I don't really think Khabi is going to be much competition for him next season. Something to consider is that after Khabibulin finished his six game winning streak in late October/early November he went 5-20-5 for the rest of the year. From the Jan 2012 on Dubnyk went 16-11-3

Dobber Sports Icon

Again if you can wait and see what happens with Harding thats the best scenario.
    Hes a very good goalie when healthy.

Keep an eye on the TBay situation. I wonder why Stevie didnt make a run earlier for a quality #1. was it bec teams like LA or Van just said NO or did they price their bkup Goalies so high that he had to step back?
    Or Did StevieY see harding as a cheaper piece? Interesting
    Ofcourse TBay have to continue to improve their Def for any Goalies value to rise.

This is going to be an amazing offseason.

The Magnificent One

I think you should have taken brodeur he will be the best for next season. The problem with Harding is that he might sign someplace and get the shot at #1 but if any of us have learned anything from dobber and this site is if a player is injury prone he always be. Harding has been hit the most out of all young goalies with injury. So be very worried avout that.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi