Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rank these young goalies for me pls...(rep)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree with you here. For the record, our draft is still on going (offline) and I still havent taken any of the goalies listed. To be honest, no one has taken any of the goalies listed yet so they are all still available. I am letting them slide. I was ready to select Lehner with my last pick but after doing some more research I found this article:

http://www.silversevensens.com/2012/...s-robin-lehner

It kinda scared me off a bit from him and really has me thinking that maybe theres more to them trading for Bishop then I thought.
    It has me looking at Lehner less and other guys like Enroth/Lindback/Hackett more. I figure I can let them slide a few more rounds before anyone else takes them so I am probably safe.

And you are correct in saying that Backstrom has one year left on his contract. I expect to see Harding leave in the off season for FA and Hackett will probably back Backstrom up next year.
    Don't AHL numbers scare you off bud. Lehner has looked great for the most part when he's played for Ottawa. He shows alot of poise!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

AHL Stats is a good indicator of consistent play, if not goalie potential. In this case i say Lehner has long way to prove he belongs to the big.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Don't AHL numbers scare you off bud. Lehner has looked great for the most part when he's played for Ottawa. He shows alot of poise!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by scimo View Post
    AHL Stats is a good indicator of consistent play, if not goalie potential. In this case i say Lehner has long way to prove he belongs to the big.
    For some yes. But its watching the Goalie and understanding what to look for.

Just like some players(or goalies with great AHL numbers) get tons of points in the AHL but they never make it in the NHL.

Ive watched alot of Lehner from Junior on thru his first exhibition game and his games hes played with Ottawa during the season. This kid is nice.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Lehner put the baby Sens on his back a year ago and carried them to the championship - he was other worldly and that kind of stuff makes me think he is as good a pick here as any.

Goldman has Lindback ranked 2nd ahead of Lehner at 7th and Hackett at 9th for goalie prospects. He kinda eats and sleeps this stuff wonder why his ranking doesn't get more consideration?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Lehner put the baby Sens on his back a year ago and carried them to the championship - he was other worldly and that kind of stuff makes me think he is as good a pick here as any.

Goldman has Lindback ranked 2nd ahead of Lehner at 7th and Hackett at 9th for goalie prospects. He kinda eats and sleeps this stuff wonder why his ranking doesn't get more consideration?
    I'm guessing because Lindback is the only one of those three who has a shot at starting next season?
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lehner
    Lindback
    M. Hackett
    Bobrovsky
    Lack
    Enroth
    Bishop
    Bachman

Both Enroth and Bachman are lucky to reach 5'10"....I'm a believer in small players being able to succeed if given the chance, but goalies that small I worry about. A goalie doesn't need to be 6'7" like Bishop, but when they're realistically closer to 5'8" I just think they'll have problems eventually. Players will start hammering those top corners and I just don't know if they can consistently be a top goalie.

The first 4 on my list are a step above the rest, imo. Guys that can be top-end starters. I've seen Bob going real low on a lot of these lists and I don't understand it....I think he can be a very good #1 on several teams right now.

As to Lehner's numbers in Bingo this season....I talked to Goldman a bit during one of his livescout chats and he felt the same way I did. Lehner just seemed a little bored in the AHL this season, and when given his chance in Ottawa with more competition he was great. Maybe it's a little worrying that he looked bored in a lower level of play, but the point is when the stakes were high and he was filling in for Anderson, he did a fine job of keeping the Sens afloat.
    Last edited by Fast Tony DeNiro; April 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

1. Lehner
    2. M. Hackett
    3. Lindback

4. Lack
    Enroth
    Bishop
    Bobrovsky
    Bachman

After my first 3 I'd call the rest a wash
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar