Thread: Draft Help 2012, 2013, 2014

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Draft Help 2012, 2013, 2014

In my signature pool were allowed to draft any player who is older then 16 as of are draft day (Jun, 16) and is still draft eligable. So I'm looking for input on the next 3 draft classes. There are 64 picks total to be taken and I have 7 picks at the moment. If you could list your top 20 guys not taken from both the 2013 and 2014 draft who will be over 16 as of our draft date (Jun, 16) and anyone from the 2012 draft whom you feel is under rated who has not been taken it would be awesome. The following players have already been taken.

2012: Yakupov, Grigorenko, Frk, Girgensons, Michaelson, Samuelsson, Rankin, Lilja, Maidens, Marcantuoni, Murray, Trouba, Dumba, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, Ebert, Ciampini, Kerdiles

2013: Monahan, Jones, Domi, Kujawinski, Bowey, Cassells, A. Forsberg, Lazar, Santini, Venne, B. Williams, Nichushkin, Needham, Nurse, Klimchuk

2014: Virgin

Mackinnon and Ekblad look to be the top 2 picks I'm trying to move up to get Mackinnon and will most likely focus most of my picks on the 2014 draft...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Monahan, Jones, MacKinnon, Barkov..
    Last edited by dyzfunctioned; April 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

There are a few beauties left who should've been drafted ahead of the guys you listed above that were picked.

2012: (missing a ton of really good ones...especially for fantasy)
    - Teravainen, Collberg, Rielly (D), Pouliot (D), Aberg, Hertl

2013:
    -MacKinnon is your top priority

-Hunter Shinkaruk is your next I would say. I'm a huge fan of his. See my Dean's List archives for an article on him. I believe it was titled something with a reference to Pat Kane

- Ryan Pulock (D), Sasha Barkov, Bo Horvat, Kerby Rychel, Elias Lindholm (some calling him the next Backstrom), Adam Erne, William Carrier, Roy (D), Ristolainen (D), Hagg (D)

2014: a lot of developing left to do with this young age group.
    - Sam Reinhart, Ekblad, Ho-Sang, Nick Ritchie, Virtanen, Patrick Koys, Kasper Kapanen, Roland McKeown (D), Eric Cornel, McCann, DeAngelo (D)

PS - Rankin is 2013 (not 2012)

I bolded and italicized the players I would target right now.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; April 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

MacKinnon should be your #1 target, as he should crack the NHL in 2013-14 straight out of his draft. Shinkaruk is another player worth grabbing, as is Sasha Barkov. Those are the 3 players from the 2013 draft available that I would be looking at. Pulock and Lindholm are another two I like from that year but the hype on them hasn't started as much and you might be able to wait on them until later in your draft. Anthony Duclair and Nick Sorenson are a couple guys from the Remparts I like too.

I would probably avoid the 2014 draftees since there's just too much time until their draft day and so much can change. FWIW Reinhart, Ekblad, and Ho-Sang are players I like early on from that year, along with Koys....I would definitely pass on just about anyone else from 2014.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm a bit confused here, you have a long list of 2013 players listed as being taken but MacKinnon isn't one of them?!? Was he ineligible under your rules?

I'm a huge MacKinnon fan and would target him over everyone listed (although I can understand there's a strong case for Yakupov). The more I watch this kid the more evident it becomes that it's not a question of if he'll be an NHL star, it's a question of when (another dominant, 1st star performance turned in against Quebec in game 5 of the QMJHL playoffs on Friday).

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm also confused. You say that they have to be older than 16 by your draft date in June, yet Monahan, Jones and others from the 2013 class were apparently taken last summer when they were still 16. Perhaps you meant 16 and up instead? That would explain why MacKinnon wasn't chosen last summer because he finally turned 16 on September 1, 2011 (as scary as that is).

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I'm a bit confused here, you have a long list of 2013 players listed as being taken but MacKinnon isn't one of them?!? Was he ineligible under your rules?

I'm a huge MacKinnon fan and would target him over everyone listed (although I can understand there's a strong case for Yakupov). The more I watch this kid the more evident it becomes that it's not a question of if he'll be an NHL star, it's a question of when (another dominant, 1st star performance turned in against Quebec in game 5 of the QMJHL playoffs on Friday).
    Yes, he was not 16 at the time of our draft last year, so yes he was ineligable lst year. That is why you will notice some players from various drafts with more skill then others will sometimes be drafted a year later in this pool...

Vandalay, yes 16 and up...

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    There are a few beauties left who should've been drafted ahead of the guys you listed above that were picked.

2012: (missing a ton of really good ones...especially for fantasy)
    - Teravainen, Collberg, Rielly (D), Pouliot (D), Aberg, Hertl

2013:
    -MacKinnon is your top priority

-Hunter Shinkaruk is your next I would say. I'm a huge fan of his. See my Dean's List archives for an article on him. I believe it was titled something with a reference to Pat Kane

- Ryan Pulock (D), Sasha Barkov, Bo Horvat, Kerby Rychel, Elias Lindholm (some calling him the next Backstrom), Adam Erne, William Carrier, Roy (D), Ristolainen (D), Hagg (D)

2014: a lot of developing left to do with this young age group.
    - Sam Reinhart, Ekblad, Ho-Sang, Nick Ritchie, Virtanen, Patrick Koys, Kasper Kapanen, Roland McKeown (D), Eric Cornel, McCann, DeAngelo (D)

PS - Rankin is 2013 (not 2012)

I bolded and italicized the players I would target right now.
    Thanks Dean, I was really hoping you would give some input here. We often disagree but I respect your opinion on juniors as much as anyone else around here. I see you mentioned Ho-Sang he is the player I'm targeting with my late first round pick as most of the 2012 and 2013 players of high value that are left should be picked clean by then. Have you had a chance to see him play?

Reinhart and Shinkaruk are players I'm also targeting but I think the'll both be gone in the top 10. It is hard to tell though with are unique draft...
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; April 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM.

grammar Nazi
    Noun