Thread: OVECHKIN trade ??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default OVECHKIN trade ??

I have Ovechkin and I can get him for Spezza, Radulov and a 1st round pick-in 09---trying to get Pheunaff out of him too----or should I try for Macdonald ?? he has both Staals/lecaviler/richards/cheecho/joiknen/semin/wolski

I think I have a solid D (my top d\'s are WEBER-VISNOSKY-GONCHAR-WHITNEY-LILES-BOUMEESTER-JOVO-R.SUTER)

GOALIES:FLEURY---MILLER--we count top two goalies

how hard should I pursue it ?

Caps my second team aswell

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re:OVECHKIN trade ??

I know there is an unwritten rule about trading guys with the names Crosby,Ovechkin or Malkin but this is a great deal for you.

Spezza is easily a PPG player, Radulov is young,talented and can hit 55-60 pts this season and that first rounder(if its a prospect) could turn out to be Tavares. If you can get Phaneuf in the deal, all the better, but then it would just be a plain steal on your part.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I totally agree with Sakic19.
    If you can increase your chance of drafting Tavares.. then do it.
    Tavares will be better than Ovechkin.
    Spezza & Radulov combine will already give you more points than Ovechkin.
    I would absolutely do this deal.
    11 Teams Keeper League
    Start 12 FWDs, 6 Ds & 2 Gs

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov
    D: Markov, R. Whitney, Letang, Carlson, OEL, Del Zotto, Rundblad, White, Kindl
    G: Kiprusoff, Halak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Stud

As it stands. I do it. I think that you should, CAREFULLY, try to \'up the ante\'. There is suggestion that there is pursuit of Tavares being allowed to be drafted in 08. He is 5 days short. You have to consider his upside and consider that they will probably allow this to happen. You might want to ask for the first pick in 08 rather than 09 or cover off both by giving up something for the first pick in 09 as well.

Personally, I don\'t like pools that allow draft picks to be traded that are beyond the current year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wasn\'t Ovechkin only a couple days shy of the required birthdate as well and they made him wait?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

doulos wrote:
    Wasn\'t Ovechkin only a couple days shy of the required birthdate as well and they made him wait?
    Yeah, I believe it was Florida that was trying to argue that he was old enough, if you counted days (because of leap years). Gotta give them points for trying.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This looks to be an absolute no brainer...as good as Ovechkin is, he will not out-produce what Spezza / Radulov and the 1st will churn out...nobody in the league could do that...including Crosby Spezza is a 90-100pt guy, Radulov is projected anywhere between 80-100pts and the 1st is obviously the wildcard. Maybe Gretzky back in the day when he churned out 216...

Take it and run for the hills.

I...am your father.

Yes, the unwritten rule can be waived in this case - those three assets are pretty awesome.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi