Thread: Keeper decision for next year.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Post Keeper decision for next year.

Ok guys so i have a decision to make on who to tab as my keeper in goal for next year. The goalie cats are W, GAA, SV%, SVs and SO's. My options are Nik Backstrom, Kari Lehtonen or Roberto Luongo. I'm inclined to go with luongo, because even tho his number are decent this year he's capable of a lot more and i'm not sure the ceiling on Lehtonen and Backstrom is as high. Plus bobby lu is sure to get close to 35 wins at least if not close to 40 playin for the 'nucks. Just lookin for some schools of thought, thanx guys!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Easy , Luongo but , there is a chance he
    is dealt durring the off season.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would keep Luongo here. The Canucks are by far the best team of the 3 and I think Schneider wont be in vancouver forever.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yea, i'm thinking luongo myself. I mean he is only one season removed from an elite vezina worthy season. 38 Wins, 2.11 GAA, .928 SV%. I think he has a few more elite seasons left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

When do you have to submit your keepers here? Luongo is THE choice, but I'm also huge on Lehtonen. There still is a chance that they try to deal Luongo at the draft depending on his performance in the playoffs. Schneider is an RFA and I'm pretty sure they cannot move him for 1 year if he signs. Meaning? Schneider will go at the draft if their intent is to move him.

It's a bit of a good goalie mess in Van. If it's possible, see how it pans out 1st before you submit your keepers.

I'd be mildly worried about where Luongo goes IF he's dealt. Also.....Lehtonen is also waaaaay younger. Something to think about anway.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by stick boy View Post
    When do you have to submit your keepers here? Luongo is THE choice, but I'm also huge on Lehtonen. There still is a chance that they try to deal Luongo at the draft depending on his performance in the playoffs. Schneider is an RFA and I'm pretty sure they cannot move him for 1 year if he signs. Meaning? Schneider will go at the draft if their intent is to move him.

It's a bit of a good goalie mess in Van. If it's possible, see how it pans out 1st before you submit your keepers.

I'd be mildly worried about where Luongo goes IF he's dealt. Also.....Lehtonen is also waaaaay younger. Something to think about anway.
    All very good points. In this league, we dont have to submit a final keeper list for awhile, so there is plenty of time to try and decide what is the best fit for me. I have thought about the age issue for awhile now, i also have thought about the teams each player plays for. The 'nucks will get more wins, or more opportunities to win. It is a very good point that if luongo is moves, where he goes could drastically change his value. So, i guess time will tell which way i go, but, i would think bobby lu is THE choice. Time will tell.