Thread: Rynnas or Wedgewood

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rynnas or Wedgewood

I have one spot for a prospect and Rynnas or Wedgewood. My regular golaies are Rinne and Elliott for points. Rynnas has a lot of development under his belt; Wedgewood is in juniors and still a ways away; but with Brodeur maybe coming back..???Wedgie could get a try on the big team?

what do you think?

Administrator

Frazee or Kinkaid would get the gig on the big team before Wedgewood does. Or they could just sign someone.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Frazee or Kinkaid would get the gig on the big team before Wedgewood does. Or they could just sign someone.
    I see where you're coming from but I think Wedgewood will surpass these guys on the depth chart so while it's just pure speculation on my part, I'd go with Wedgewood.

As for Rynnas, he won't be a starter on the Leafs as I expect them (hopefully) to address their goaltending in the off-season.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    I see where you're coming from but I think Wedgewood will surpass these guys on the depth chart so while it's just pure speculation on my part, I'd go with Wedgewood.
    I agree that he might surpass the others along the way but the OP was speculating that he could be fast-tracked to the NHL if Brodeur retires. Even if Wedgewood is the better prospect or has the better upside it doesn't mean he'll get a chance first. In any event I expect the Devils to go outside the organization until a prospect emerges as a slam dunk solution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I agree that he might surpass the others along the way but the OP was speculating that he could be fast-tracked to the NHL if Brodeur retires. Even if Wedgewood is the better prospect or has the better upside it doesn't mean he'll get a chance first. In any event I expect the Devils to go outside the organization until a prospect emerges as a slam dunk solution.
    Totally agree with this. All I meant was that from Wedgewood, Frazee and Kinkaid, if one of them were to be the Devils starter, let's say 3, 4 year from now, I'd put my money on Wedgewood.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Totally agree with this. All I meant was that from Wedgewood, Frazee and Kinkaid, if one of them were to be the Devils starter, let's say 3, 4 year from now, I'd put my money on Wedgewood.
    Yeah that's definitely a strong possibility. Kinkaid could emerge as the guy but Frazee is a non-factor long-term.

Back to Rynnas vs Wedgewood, I think Rynnas might be the guy to go with, just as a trade chip. I don't think either one is a great fantasy keeper option though. But some assets are worth the investment as a means to improve the roster later through trades.