Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "They've got a bunch of idiots over there."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Pissing off the Detroit Red Wings, the Boston Bruins, and the Chicago Blackhawks doesn't seem like a smart strategy for making it through the Playoffs without injuries. I like it!
    Ah yes, because deliberately injuring your opponents is how honorable teams play and the classless Canucks are going get their comeuppance.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

I certainly get a kick out of all the Canuck haters. I don't love some of them either, but every winning team needs some ********. We have/had Holmstrom, MCarty, Avery, etc.. And every other team has them to.

I'm not sure why people are so insecure they need to hate, too many people bringing guns to knife fights. Its hockey.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Ah yes, because deliberately injuring your opponents is how honorable teams play and the classless Canucks are going get their comeuppance.
    I wouldn't put it past the Bruins to intentionally injure, but I just wonder at how smart it is to give even more fuel to the fire for teams like the Blackhawks and Red Wings - teams with talent who don't need even more reason to play their hearts out against you.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRamrod View Post
    I certainly get a kick out of all the Canuck haters. I don't love some of them either, but every winning team needs some ********. We have/had Holmstrom, MCarty, Avery, etc.. And every other team has them to.

I'm not sure why people are so insecure they need to hate, too many people bringing guns to knife fights. Its hockey.

Why does legitimate criticism of on-ice antics by a Canucks player have to lead directly to an accusation of being a "Canuck hater"? Honestly, it's ridiculous. I am not the biggest fan of some of those Canucks players, Lapierre, goes without saying, didn't like him even when he was with the Habs. Kesler, just the kind of player that gets under your skin, as great a player as he is. But there are plenty of examples of players from other teams who meet the same description. And with the Canucks it goes side-by-side with huge admiration for some of these players, the classy guys, Sedins, Salo, Malhotra.

So many times it has happened that Canucks criticism automatically leads to Canuck-hating accusation, both in this forum and generally out there. During the playoffs last year it was ridiculous. I think the insecurity shoe is on the wrong foot here. The thin skin of some Canucks fan is so obvious. B0ndon is an exception, he always tends to see both sides despite being a huge nucks fan.

The Canucks are an incredible team and easily one of the favorites to take the Cup, and I love to watch them play because of the combination of speed, puck movement and grittiness from the 2nd to 4th lines. I do not hate the Canucks. In fact I don't hate any team. Even the Leafs, despite the "center of hockey universe" crap we have to listen to all the time and the fact that I'm a rabid Habs fan. Even the Bruins, despite the intense rivalry. Both those teams have players that I just love to watch, and players that I admire.

My point is simply this, free speech, right to criticize something that doesn't seem right or that lacks class or respect, and that's what I think Burrows move was, classless. 'Nuff said.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Why does legitimate criticism of on-ice antics by a Canucks player have to lead directly to an accusation of being a "Canuck hater"?

My point is simply this, free speech, right to criticize something that doesn't seem right or that lacks class or respect, and that's what I think Burrows move was, classless. 'Nuff said.
    Oh come on B0ndon. anyone who saw that stick over knee thing immediately knew it was unnecessary and lacked class.
    ^ see, that isn't you criticizing, that's mudslinging. If you'd said that you'd thought straight away that it was classless then that's fine, nobody would argue. The fact that several previous posters (on of them a Wings fan) had said the opposite kind of rules out 'everyone'. I'm fine with your opinion, just please don't imply that it is mine (or anyone else's).

If I say "everyone knows that the Bruins are the dirtiest team in the league" it's mud slinging. If I instead say "I think the Bruins are the dirtiest team in the league" then it's my opinion.

Actually, to be fair, a lot of us around here engage in this to some level and I don't doubt in 1700 post that I've done it too. It seems to happen a good bit when some of the less stellar (understatement ftw) attributes of the Canucks are brought up and perhaps that's why the Wings fan perceived it as bashing.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I wouldn't put it past the Bruins to intentionally injure, but I just wonder at how smart it is to give even more fuel to the fire for teams like the Blackhawks and Red Wings - teams with talent who don't need even more reason to play their hearts out against you.
    Nothing to argue with here folks, move along... lol!
    /S

Victoria DH

Dobber Sports Ninja

I can't believe the Canucks could potentially matchup with one of the Hawks or Sharks in the first round. What the heck. These playoffs are gonna ruin my grades lol
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I can't believe the Canucks could potentially matchup with one of the Hawks or Sharks in the first round. What the heck. These playoffs are gonna ruin my grades lol
    I'm hoping for the Sharks to bypass the 'Yotes and get 3rd... I'd sure as hell prefer a first round series in Phoenix to one in San Jose...

Of course if the Kings find out where the net is they'd be a bitch to play in the post season. Hopefully Carter's description of the net as 'that metal framed thingy between Steve Mason and the constantly glowing red light' will prove to be of little use.
    /S

Victoria DH

Dobber Sports Stud

Why does legitimate criticism of on-ice antics by a Canucks player have to lead directly to an accusation of being a "Canuck hater"? Honestly, it's ridiculous. I am not the biggest fan of some of those Canucks players, Lapierre, goes without saying, didn't like him even when he was with the Habs. Kesler, just the kind of player that gets under your skin, as great a player as he is. But there are plenty of examples of players from other teams who meet the same description. And with the Canucks it goes side-by-side with huge admiration for some of these players, the classy guys, Sedins, Salo, Malhotra.

So many times it has happened that Canucks criticism automatically leads to Canuck-hating accusation, both in this forum and generally out there. During the playoffs last year it was ridiculous. I think the insecurity shoe is on the wrong foot here. The thin skin of some Canucks fan is so obvious. B0ndon is an exception, he always tends to see both sides despite being a huge nucks fan.

The Canucks are an incredible team and easily one of the favorites to take the Cup, and I love to watch them play because of the combination of speed, puck movement and grittiness from the 2nd to 4th lines. I do not hate the Canucks. In fact I don't hate any team. Even the Leafs, despite the "center of hockey universe" crap we have to listen to all the time and the fact that I'm a rabid Habs fan. Even the Bruins, despite the intense rivalry. Both those teams have players that I just love to watch, and players that I admire.

Thank you for proving my point.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't know maybe I'm too thick to get it lol but I don't get how ross is mudslinging or hating.

In any case, I'm not gonna sit here and play the victim. The Canucks do have some very annoying players, like I said in my earlier post if they acquire Ott holy hell....might as well go out and grab Kaleta and get Cooke back while we're at it lol yeesh.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I don't know maybe I'm too thick to get it lol but I don't get how ross is mudslinging or hating.

In any case, I'm not gonna sit here and play the victim. The Canucks do have some very annoying players, like I said in my earlier post if they acquire Ott holy hell....might as well go out and grab Kaleta and get Cooke back while we're at it lol yeesh.
    You need a time machine to get the right Matt Cooke... this year's version is under the anger radar....
    /S

Victoria DH

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well Burrows used this same celebration a couple years ago when the Canucks snapped their streak. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxrmvGTZTGg

The Canucks have gone on record saying they wanted to be the ones who snapped their win streak and they did so they celebrated. While I can understand why the Wings are upset, I am also happy that the Canucks showed emotion for a big game like this. IMO, this just starts to build a potential rivalry between the Wings and Canucks which would be a great one to have.
    13 Team Yahoo Daily Points Keeper - 6 Keepers + 1 Rookie Keeper
    G | A | +/- | PIM | PPP | SHP | GWG | SOG
    Wins | Saves | SHO
    2 C | 2 LW | 2 RW | 3 D | 1 Util | 1 G

C - Crosby, Seguin (RW), Forsberg (RW)
    LW - Duchene (C), O'Reilly (C), Boedker
    RW - Hornqvist, Toffoli, Yakupov
    D - Karlsson, Niskanen, Vatanen, Faulk
    G - Anderson, Mason, Stalock

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well Burrows used this same celebration a couple years ago when the Canucks snapped their streak. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxrmvGTZTGg

The Canucks have gone on record saying they wanted to be the ones who snapped their win streak and they did so they celebrated. While I can understand why the Wings are upset, I am also happy that the Canucks showed emotion for a big game like this. IMO, this just starts to build a potential rivalry between the Wings and Canucks which would be a great one to have.
    Agreed, much ado about nothing. We can't take things so personally. I believe the Wings should/will get to celebrate in there own way come playoffs. There are going to be some great match ups.

God, I hope they don't pick up Ott, lol.