Thread: 2/24/12 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default 2/24/12 - Studs & Duds

Busy tonight so gonna keep it short. Here are your Friday studs and duds!

Studs

In-Semyon-Nation - Semyon Varlamov recorded his third shutout of the season, making 28 saves against the Columbus Blue jackets.

Come on DJ turn that music up - David Jones recorded two goals and one assist in the Avs' 5-0 win, boosting his trade value as Monday's trade deadline approaches.

One-goal wonders - Four out of tonight's six games saw the winning goalie allow only one goal. Cory Schneider (30/31), Michal Neuvirth (30/31), Kari Lehtonen (28/29), and Ryan Miller (35/36) all had fantastic games, providing some clutch wins as the regular seasons begin to wind down.

Tom Wandell - Two goals tonight for the depth forward, who now has only 19 goals in his career. It was a big performance for a team that needed one as the race for the Western conference is looking tighter and tighter every day.

Continuing their breakout years - The Islanders top line of John Tavares, Matt Moulson, and PA Parenteau continued to add to their amazing totals this year as all three registered two points each.

Mike Ribiero - Usually a pretty soft option in multi-cat leagues, Mike Ribeiro had a fantastic roto night Friday as he registered an assist, two penalty minutes, three shots, two blocked shots, a hit, and eight faceoff wins while going plus-one.

Duds

Canadiens - The Montreal Canadiens lost again tonight, and remain dead last in the Eastern Conference. Price allowed three goals on only 23 shots for a subpar .870 save percentage. Scott Gomez and Ryan White were a team-worst minus-three on the night.

Nik Backstrom - After an amazing start that saw Backstrom with some of the best percentages in the league, he's really dropped off the map. While he has had some solid performances lately including his 48 save shutout against the Bruins, he has pretty much been average numbers-wise over the past few months. He gave up three goals on 14 shots and was abruptly pulled in the second period tonight.

MDZ - On he ice for both of the Islanders' even strength goals, Del Zotto was a team-worst minus two on the night.

Blue Jackets - What more can be said about this team, 10 of their players were minus-two on the night.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Gomez is bringing down my boy White!!! Get that tool out of town!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust